'51 Fender P-bass reissue?

Thumper

• Members

It's probably the next addition to the fambly. I played one back in the early '90s and liked the tone and the vibe. I plan to keep the stock bridge and just suck up the intonation issues, and may (or may not) swap out the pup for a Duncan.

Any pros or cons?

• Members

I just picked up the one at the Beaverton Guitar Center at yesterday's sale... I had been looking at it for quite some time... Once the salesman informed me that it was "exactly like the bass that Sting plays", well... I just had to have it :D

For me, the pickup is great! Very punchy and deep. The harmonica player in my current band used to have one and before he gave it to his brother in Houston, I fell in love with it... I had been eyeballing this and was waiting for my bonus check to snag it. Happily, the check arrived yesterday, just in time for the President's Day sale! Sweet discount, and a free stand to boot... Besides, Sting plays one just like it :eek:

I'll be recording with it this weekend, and I am going to use it and my new Jag while subbing with a friend's band next Friday, (seeing as how my current band is experiencing a few scheduling issues!!)... If you're in the neighborhood, you are more than welcome to take it for a spin :thu:

Oh yeah... It doesn't exist without pix... Isn't that the rule??

new_bass.jpg

-robert

• Members

I just picked up the one at the Beaverton Guitar Center at yesterday's sale... I had been looking at it for quite some time... Once the salesman informed me that it was
"exactly like the bass that Sting plays"
, well... I just had to have it
:D
-robert

If I replaced the pup, I'd get the Duncan single-coil drop-in pup. I'd give it a listen first before modding.

Robert: you are a lucky bastage. That store is 3 miles from my house. If i had seen the bass, I would have been on it like gravy on a biscuit. I hope you enjoy it. :thu:

Archived