Ric for sale (craigslist)

B-Bottom

• Members

I'm not "gay for Rics" as you say...I'm celibate for G&L's...at least that's how my life goes.

Man, why is there never anything cool on Oklahoma City's Craigslist? I smell conspiracy! Or at least a largely clueless public here in OKC...

I bet you can get lucky in OKC... NYC everyone's a musician so deals are hard to come by. When there is a decently priced piece of gear, it's gone before you see the ad.

• Members

I just emailed the guy saying I'd buy it for 800, but it is already gone. Let's hope B-Bottom got there in time.

he certainly did :thu:

I was going to buy it and just turn around and sell it but I have to tell you, after playing it for awhile I can see what the big stink about Ric's is. I'm swinging by the guitar shop over lunch today to drop it off for a set up and then it will be good to go.

the thing is in great shape. It has one very tiny little nick on the back but that's it. The guy hardly ever played it and still had copys of the warrenty and the instruction manual.

I was going to attempt to adjust the neck myself but from the look of it you need to take the pickguard off in order to do that so I don't want to bother. Plus I don't know anything about the dual truss rod thing.

all in all it is one badass bass. I believe that I'm going to be holding onto it and possibly sell off the gibson and fretless sterling.

Oh and pics will be coming after I get it back:thu:

• Members
he certainly did
:thu:

I was going to buy it and just turn around and sell it but I have to tell you, after playing it for awhile I can see what the big stink about Ric's is. I'm swinging by the guitar shop over lunch today to drop it off for a set up and then it will be good to go.

the thing is in great shape. It has one very tiny little nick on the back but that's it. The guy hardly ever played it and still had copys of the warrenty and the instruction manual.

I was going to attempt to adjust the neck myself but from the look of it you need to take the pickguard off in order to do that so I don't want to bother. Plus I don't know anything about the dual truss rod thing.

all in all it is one badass bass. I believe that I'm going to be holding onto it and possibly sell off the gibson and fretless sterling.

Oh and pics will be coming after I get it back:thu:

Awesome man!! Rics are amazing, one day I will convince that old guy to sell me his.

• Members

Nice!

I'll be honest, it was headed straight for eBay, so I am happy someone who will actually play it, got it.

That was my intention as well until i started playing it. Should I change my mind about selling it I know that I won't lose any money on it, so I may as well hold onto it for awhile

• Members

Congrats dude! You stole it. I was hoping you'd play it and fall in love
:thu:

Still, it doesn't help me get one
:mad:

thanks. I was kind of expecting it to be beat up for that price. that thing really has a growl to it like no other bass I've ever played.

Archived