OT: Any of you sick a lot this winter?

JacieFB

• Members

Argh...so far I've only had one minor cold. But my wife has been hit hard 2 times now! She got some kind of chest cold/flu and coughed for days. She got over that and felt okay for about a week and now she has a stomach/intestine virus(that's what the doc is calling it anyway). Doc says 1-3 days of feeling like hell...as many as 7, though.

I'm thinking that it has to do with her recent job switch. She now works for Cincinnati Children's Hospital and she comes into contact with a lot of different people...sick kids included. To spite her hand sanitizing efforts and vitamin eating, she can't win.

Anyone else? Can I bring you some tea? Some oatmeal? A bucket?

:cry:

• Members

I was sick with stomach virus the first weekend in Jan.

Two weeks later, I played a gig at the Ft. Worth Stock show with a 102 temperature. Turned out to be a sinus infection that move into my chest after about 4 days. I had to finally go to the doc. to get steriod and antibiotic shots.

After a month, I finally feel pretty good.

• Members

Yeah, my family got hit. My wife and daughter caught it first. I caught it a week later after going through a good lack of sleep combined with awful sleeping pattern (thanks DST patching!). My daughter's done with it. My wife and I are still recovering. I took a couple cold capsules (Vicks, I think). That was Monday evening. I'm still feeling a bit light-headed because of it. Man, cold medicine still screws me up.

• Members

My immune system kicks major ass and I very rarely get sick, however I am totally sick of winter!
:mad:

That makes two of us.

Diet helps though.

I eat lots of hot spicy food and drink green/black tea all day long.

Haven't had a cold or the flu in probably at least 4 years now, despite flying all the time and being exposed to a lot of sick people.

Archived