The Mustang crashed and burned.

s4001

• Members

Yet one more reason why I'll never use a car for very much more than transportation. My first car was a '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Tricked out the engine a bit, threw on some nice headers and mags, gave it a pretty paint job and totaled it a week later. Lesson learned.

• Members

I always find these Ford hating treads kinda funny (Not the wrecked mustang)

I've been driving Fords exclusively for the last 25 years and they have been good to me.

Last year when my ex had broken down (again) she said "You never break down".
Of coarse that really meant "There is no way you could understand what I am going through!" (remember she's my ex!)

Years ago I helped a friend completely rebuild a '67 mustang and he did the same. (wiped out goin to fast thru a deep puddle)

• Members
Yet one more reason why I'll never use a car for very much more than transportation. My first car was a '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Tricked out the engine a bit, threw on some nice headers and mags, gave it a pretty paint job and totaled it a week later. Lesson learned.

I'm with you an that. I used to gas hard for a Vette, and came very close to buying a '69 (same vintage as me :) ) Nowdays, all a car is is a means to get somewhere, and preferably with a lot of bass gear. I can get my kicks on the cycle in the warmer months, but really have no desire to own a sports car anymore.

• Members

He called me later today. Asked for tomorrow off. "I think I'll go buy another car." Good ol' Pete. Subtlety is his calling.

I made the screen saver on his computer a picture of a wrecked Mustang. Hope he appreciates my humor.

• Members

I can get my kicks on the cycle in the warmer months, but really have no desire to own a sports car anymore.

*sigh* The first thing to be sold when I got married were my helmets. My motorcycles all went when I was engaged. I was a street rider and there is way too much traffic and too many absent minded drivers out here. That, and the fact that I'm pretty aggressive on the bike -- marriage, kids and me on a bike? The stakes are way too high now.

• Members

He called me later today. Asked for tomorrow off. "I think I'll go buy another car." Good ol' Pete. Subtlety is his calling.

I made the screen saver on his computer a picture of a wrecked Mustang. Hope he appreciates my humor.

Don't be surprised if some guy with the same phone number as Pete is trying to sell a mustang that looks like Pete's old one on the community bulletin board later this week.

• Members
Fix It Again Tony

dang it thats Fiat

:D

My dad loved Fiats for no apparent reason. We had a 124 spyder, 124 coupe, 124 wagon (aka The Lada) and an 850 spyder in the '70s. The only one I ever drove was the 850, and it was an absolute hoot--no horsepower to speak of, but that kept me out of too much trouble.

Archived