How the hell does Guitar Center do it???????

Norton666

• Members

Unfortunately, its lookin like Mesa may be the next casualty for us. They are awesome amps, but for some reason, I cant give the damn things away in my area. I hope we can make it work with Mesa though.We'll see.

I love Mesa amps, but they are pricey little bastards! If you were able to play eith the price a little bit I'd be willing to bet that they might sell better. It just sucks when you see somthing for $1800 and it's actaully gonna cost $1800...plus tax!

Being able to haggle prices makes me feel like a man! Mesa has taken that from me...

• Members

China????? It says all over the amp and cab "Made in the USA"?? The reason we stopped dealing Ampeg is because a lot of {censored} went down with their distributor St. Louis Music this last year, and it was becoming a serious headache. Most of their sales reps quit and it made it almost impossible to contact them about anything. Also, we just didnt move them like we had hoped.

We have a philosophy at the shop" If it doesnt move, dump it ". We just dont have the money to hold on to lines that dont move. Unfortunately, its lookin like Mesa may be the next casualty for us. They are awesome amps, but for some reason, I cant give the damn things away in my area. I hope we can make it work with Mesa though.We'll see.

the particular one you are referring to probably has made in USA

howeverthe amps are now being made in Vietnam from what I understand

that is unofficial info coming from me but I am pretty sure that is good info

that is why they were able to sell for that priceant they made quite a bundle off the sale.

• Members

Musicians Friend IS Guitar Center. Anything you find on sale at MF should be the starting point for GC.

The best buys are always going to be the used gear. Then after 30 days they will sell the used gear at what they paid for just to clear it. They already made their money on whatever they traded it in for. My friends son is one of the manager of a GC and we get great deals on our purchases.

Certain lines have discount lines. Line 6 limits the amount you can cut because of online pricing and vendor protection. Monster Cables are close to the same. 50 buck cables sell to employees for 20 bucks, with a limit of 2 cables - even the manager. They often get awarded free guitars for sales quota's by certain brands. They usually end up at the pawn shop.

At the last regional meeting, GC was attempting to get away from haggling prices. The reason is, "You can't haggle at Wal-Mart, so why do we do it. We are already the lowest prices." We'll see what is on the horizon for GC. The GC near us is all active and experienced giggers who provide top shelf personal knowledge. I would rather pay a few bucks more on some items then working them to buy internet. They earned it.

Just my experience with GC.

Archived