National Judo Championships...

Dark Slide

• Members

So, on top of being the resident asshole of the HCBF I am also currently the Super Heavyweight Judo Champion for the State of Maine.

1320028164_l.jpg

I am currently recovering from an elbow injury I received while training for the nationals, however I am slowly beginning my training again and hope to be ready for the Nationals in August. If I were to somehow place in the National Championships, I would win a spot in the Olympic trials (Where I would likely be torn to shreds).

Regardless, I thought I would start this thread in case there were any forumites who might want to help us (I will be traveling with my training partner who won a bronze medal at the State Championships) get there. When I originally won the State Championship, there were several people who mentioned the possibility of making a donation, however that was a while back and it seemed like it was too early to start worrying about that particular problem. Currently though, we are coming up on the 6 month mark and I am worried that rooms will begin to fill up and we wont be able to find a reasonable place to stay... so our travel arrangements are starting to become a bit more of a priority.

I don't exactly like the thought of asking for donations so I am just going to leave it at this: We are going. If anyone has any interest in supporting us in any way, that would be great.

The contest will be held at the U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Center Gym on August 5th in Colorado Springs for anyone who might be in the area. We will be arriving on the 1st hopefully so that we can be there for the Opening Ceremony which is supposed to be a pretty awesome sight. I've never been to Colorado before, so if we have any forumites who live near there and might have any interest in showing us around or just hanging out, that would also be killer.

• Members

I was going to set up a Paypal account for this, but I am not sure what the best way to go about it is.

I can set one up, but I can't verify it since I already have an account. I'd rather not have it deposited in my personal account... that seems weird to me.

Any thoughts?

Archived