Reverend Pickups

Captain Fathead

• Members

I used a 10K pickup a while back in a project. I didn't spend much time with it, but from what I recall:

VERY strong low end

Good, solid output

Vintagey sound, closer to Jamerson than Entwistle as far as P basses go.

I liked it a lot. The other two models they had were lower impedance, and had a less pronounced low-mid range supposedly. I liked the pickup and shoulda kept it and stuck it in my P bass, and stuck that pickup in the project.

• Members

I think that ship's sailed, bud - although the 10k's were said to be pretty good, and especially for the money... I got a deal off the bay for some Schaller P pups(around $20 per set) that have been great - try looking for some of those...

- georgestrings

They've got some 7.3k pups listed... I was thinking about those. I'll check out the schallers.

• Members

They've got some 7.3k pups listed... I was thinking about those. I'll check out the schallers.

I'd imagine those 7.3k's will sound a bit weaker than you're looking for - the Schallers I bought - and am running in 3 basses - ohm out at around 10.5k.... They have great lower end, are nice and hot, yet have good, clear high end, too - everyone that's heard them has liked how they sound in my Ps...

- georgestrings

• Members

Reverend had 3 different kinds of Pbass pickups they were clearancing: a 10k, a 8.5k, and the 7.3 ones. Obviously they only have the 7.3 ones left. The 8.5 k ohm pickups are what they used in their production models, the 10 and 7.3 ones were prototypes.

I have an 8.5k in an SX, it sounds awesome. I've heard they were made for Reverend by Kent Armstrong.

Archived