SX P-Bass Question

Muddslide

• Members

Hey all. Been interested in picking one of these up. Got two questions:

1) Are they available with maple fingerboards?

-and-

2) I read on the HC user reviews that the necks were real thin. I prefer the big baseball bat style necks. Would these be annoyingly thin for me?

Thanks in advance!

PS-- Oh yeah...third question:

Is there a good source for these? I was planning on just eBaying one when I had the $$$, but if anyone has any better ideas (or cheaper ideas) I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks again.

• Members

Like bholder said, Rondo has some maple boards - and their necks tend to be a smidgeon wider than their Fender counterpart - although not a huge amount, in my experience...

- georgestrings

Thanks. How about the width from fretboard to the back of the neck at the widest point? I'm somewhat picky. I like an instrument that feels good to me. I like thicker necks, where the web of your hand is filled with wood when you grip it.

NECK wood, that is...not that other kind of wood, you dirty minded freaks.

Is there a particular SX P-Bass model that's more highly thought of?

• Members

Thanks. How about the width from fretboard to the back of the neck at the widest point? I'm somewhat picky. I like an instrument that feels good to me. I like thicker necks, where the web of your hand is filled with wood when you grip it.

What he said.

• Members

If you're looking for a good sized(read substantial) neck, you'll probably prefer an SX over a Fender - but hey, it's a sub-$150 bass - you get what you get...

As for which P - I'd probably go P/J, but I'd *guess* that with any of their Ps or Js, your chances of getting a great one, or a lemon are about the same - and the odds are greater of the former than the latter...

In short - it ain't a ton of $$$ - spend the money, and see what shows up at your door... Remember, they're pretty good about returns, should - in the unlikely event - end up with a bass that you're just not happy with...

- georgestrings

Archived