Brian bromberg in utah?

Bassius

• Members

that's right folks....

i'm a faculty member at a jazz summer camp for secondary level students.

this year one of our artists in residence is brian bromberg. Should be fun to play music with him...and the others too...

i'm looking forward to playing with gregg bissonette and terreon gully again.

check it out

http://www.themusicschool.us/jamcamp/main.php?section=faculty

• Members

I saw him play a couple of times at the Hilton Jazz Series in Salt Lake with....oh I can't remember:) ....but I do remember his playing!

Now, I wonder if anybody knows where Ephraim is!

another utahn! where are you from?

• Members

From allmusic...

A very versatile acoustic and electric bassist capable of playing straight-ahead jazz, funk, and fusion, Brian Bromberg is also one of the few bassists to master the tapping technique made famous by Stanley Jordan, sometimes sounding like three bassists at once during his often-thunderous solos. Although he was a drummer at the age of 13, the folowing year Bromberg started classical lessons on bass. He developed quickly and by the time he was 19, he was part of Stan Getz's group. Bromberg has been a valuable sidemen with many bands since including those led by Horace Silver, Monty Alexander, Dizzy Gillespie, Richie Cole, Lee Ritenour, Dave Grusin, and Freddie Hubbard. He recorded his first album as a leader in 1986 (A New Day for the Blackhawk label) and has since led sessions for Intima and Nova; unfortunately, all of those record companies have since gone out of business. Brian Bromberg into the next century remained one of the most underrated bassists in jazz.

Archived