The Prestige

s4001

• Members

I don't watch many movies and almost no television, but I rented the Prestige last nite. I really enjoyed it. Most clips of most movies I see really hold no interest to me, but this movie kept me watching all the way thru. /blog

• Members

Mrs. Rowka and I watched The Illusionist last night. Came out about the same time as The Prestige and also about a magician set in about the same time period. I've not seen The Prestige but I assume that's where the similarities end. We enjoyed it.

• Members

I really want to see both The Prestige and The Illusionist. I love magic, and love that era they are set in. Great cast in both...looking forward to being able to view them.

Mot recently watched The Departed which is, indeed, most kickass.

• Members

The ending of the prestige had my wife jumping up and down screaming "WTF?!?!??!" It was sooo cute ;) Th eillusionist was great too, but for different reasons, and I'm a big fan of Ed Norton too. Both great movies, I think they sabotaged each other by coming out so close together.

• Members

Mrs. Rowka and I watched
The Illusionist
last night. Came out about the same time as
The Prestige
and also about a magician set in about the same time period. I've not seen
The Prestige
but I assume that's where the similarities end. We enjoyed it.

I got The Illusionist on PPV and put it on my DVR. I liked it even though it was kind of a sneeky "chick flick" sort of movie. I've yet to see The Prestige but it looks pretty good as well.

• Members

The one thing I'm not very satisify with Presitige is that they try to keep all the magic tricks 'real' and explanable, except for Tesla's machine, that's just doesn't bolt well with the rest of the story.

But that is the point...

Archived