Schecter Basses -yay or nay?

Jim77

• Members

I'm a fairly new player but I can tell you with a fair amount of confidence that certain details of my Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 is better than the G&L Tribute L-2000. The Schecter has no sharp frets and the nut doesn't extend past the edge. They do on the Tribute... small details that I'll have corrected once its been in AZ for a month or so. I like the pickups and electronics on the Tribute slightly better though.

Both sound great.

• Members

It'll be year in April since I got my Stilleto Studio 5, played it almost very weekend for a year, and I can tell you it's been the best decision I've made in a while! It still plays great, I haven't had to take it in to my tech, hell, I haven't even restrung it yet! If the HZ pickups aren't for you, I'm sure there are plenty of options that would fit in the holes, I love the distinct midrange sound they have, and the 3 band EQ onboard helps too!

I say yay yay yay yay yay yay!!!!!

jon-indian-springs-9-22-06.jpg

• Members

I love 'em especially the 90's U.S. standards :cool:

My '96 U.S. "s" series P , stock with DiMarzio split p :love:schecter.jpg

Has the feather weight and the perfect neck , she's a bit plain looking but pure magic. You can still find these basses for a good price . ;):cool:

They did go to their own pickups a few years later on the U.S. stuff , which are also pretty good .The imports use HZ or cheaper soapbar types . They are ok . I dig this new 004 , I could rock it for sure :lol:

004.jpg

• Members

I dont own one but would love to have a Custom 4 in NATURAL. I think they play and sound great for the cost. I think they rival many basses that cost 2X more. YAY here too. If I could add one more bass to my arsenal, that would be the one.

Here's mine.I like it.

pict0207editedqz6.jpg

BTW L-1329 how hard is it/how much does it cost to put in some barts and a new EQ.. i'm thinking about doing it as i've changed styles and the midrangeyness of it isn't doing much for me anymore.

• Members

I dont own one but would love to have a Custom 4 in NATURAL. I think they play and sound great for the cost. I think they rival many basses that cost 2X more. YAY here too. If I could add one more bass to my arsenal, that would be the one.

I tested hundreds of basses when I was on my search, many that cost $2000 or more, I was all geared up to get a Pedulla, I played theStilleto at GC on a whim, I really liked the look, man it played welll! there was no question that it was every bit as well made and comfortable as the Ped.... I'm sure the price tag had something to do with it, but all things considered, I'dstill put it up against any of those other axes!

• Members

I'm using a stock schecter c-4 and it sounds and plays wonderfully. I haven't seen (m)any negative comments about them on here...

I also just won an auction for the stiletto custom-5 in the natural/pearl color that was posted a few posts above.

Schecter rocks.

• Members

I won't, for a second, say that they are bad basses, but I personally don't really like the feel of the neck on most Schecters. That being said, they are built very well, and every one I have picked up has been ridiculously light, which is always a good thing in my book.

Archived