I have an interview Monday with a Motown band leader

The Insomniac

• Members

He wants to meet me before I audition. I have always wanted to play in a Motown band. I hope my chops are up to it. I came recommended from a drummer I have played with so I have that going for me.

He also has a strong interest in the female singer I have been practicing with. This could be a killer opportunity.

• Members

He wants to meet me before I audition. I have always wanted to play in a Motown band. I hope my chops are up to it. I came recommended from a drummer I have played with so I have that going for me.

He also has a strong interest in the female singer I have been practicing with. This could be a killer opportunity.

I think you will do fine... i listened to your stuff on your page. You will fit right in with a motown band. Its easy music to play, has some good harmony and people love to get out on the dance floor to it. You going to have a horn section too? Sam and Dave, the temptations, 4 tops, wilson picket, martha reeves and the vandellas.

brand X a local south bend Ind. band put out a cover of stop in the name of love.. with a male lead vocal when i was in high school. This is about 69 or 70 i would guess.

It was released on steelbreeze records on a 45. If you could get your hands on that arrangment its really pretty good. Well well isnt the net wonderful. I just googled up the track i was talking about.

These guys were a year or two older than me. We played alot of the same places. The fuzz box was just a new thing as you can tell by the over done lead guitar. Its a pretty good arrangment but not that great of recording.

The lead singer in this group had one hell of a set of pipes....http://www.indiana45s.com/indiana45s_detail.php?recordID=81&group=Brand%20X. Motown is a hoot to play. We did a bunch of it...as did most of the gigging bands around town. These guys were prolly 19 or 20 when they did this 37 years ago. rat

• Members

Thanks - Yep, they have horns.
:thu:

Thats cool,, we had horns in the last band i played in which was like 1970. Horn bands are way cool. You can make some good money right now with a motown band. we have a local band here in kalamazoo that is doing the motown thing with the horns. They are doing very well. They get alot of corp type work....and festival stuff, plus play the better live music venues that cater to the boomers. rat

• Members

Thats cool,, we had horns in the last band i played in which was like 1970. Horn bands are way cool. You can make some good money right now with a motown band. we have a local band here in kalamazoo that is doing the motown thing with the horns. They are doing very well. They get alot of corp type work....and festival stuff, plus play the better live music venues that cater to the boomers. rat

They do a couple of private parties a month. Good money in those private parties.

Archived