What's the opinion on these?

Muddslide

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-4-String-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ180088473366QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64402QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Never played one, but I always thought they looked hot. Seems like if they were that good and that good a deal, I'd see more people playing them.

I won't be able to try to snag this auction, but for future reference, would like to hear some of your thoughts on this model or ones like it.

Tanx!

• Members

That one needs black pickup rings.

I didn't used to like most Les Paul basses, but I've seen several lately that I'd go for. I'd expect narrow string spacing (which is a plus, in my book, but lots of folks prefer wider spacing), looks like regular guitar humbucker form factor pickups.

• Members

Thumper likes it, but I'd want to play it first. Looks like the pup selector and some knobs have been removed, and the what about those pups?

Those are the stock pickups from what I can tell. It's been refinished and customized, looks like he did a good job. I love the color. If I win it, I'll put the switch and pots back in, and defret it.

Not sure if the pickups are any good. Might be hard to find replacements, though maybe Bartolini has narrow soapbars like that.

Archived