Cheapest decent fretless bass

Woodstock1969

• Members

Many people like their Squier Vintage modified jazz fretless, its around 250$ I think, but no lines.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Fretless-Jazz-Bass?sku=519637

Looks like it has lines, I just need something with at the very least, dots.

That looks good though, I'm really a guitar play, but when I play bass I'm not just "a guitarist playing bass", you know what I mean.

I've been gassing for a fretless ever since I listened to Paul Simon's Graceland album.

• Members

Ah, they do have lines, my mistake. In my memory they had no lines
:freak:
Looks like it fits you perfectly then.

what's a really cheap amp that sounds decent, all I have now is one of those cheapo crate practice amps (I got the bass and amp for $40) :D

I just need something preferably in the same price range as that bass that would be fine for band practices...

• Members

Yes I do.. here is the original thread from when I bought it and it's SPECS on here. Original thread with stock pics

As you can see I ordered it on December 5, 2006 and i'm just really not feeling the fretless thing..

Here are my pics and soundclips. The bass has the dots on the side of the neck but no lines.

Fretless1(clip)

Fretless2(clip)

Fretless3(clip)

Fretless3(clip)(without effects)

The bass is not as yellow as pictured.. it's more like the one from the thread link above.

pict0220ry7.jpg

pict0219zj7.jpg

pict0217cp7.jpg

pict0215qi8.jpg

pict0219ek5.jpg

I'll let it go for the same price as that Squire +shipping for the Fretless w/HSC and 2 sets of strings.(1 set of GHS flat's and 1 set of Knucklehead "CHUNKY" rounds pictured above.)

• Members

I am really digging my Rogue fretless

I really cant believe how awesome it sounds considering that I did not spend a lot of dough on it

MF has it for $130.00 and IMO Good investment for the price:thu:

275645.jpg

It dont have any fret lines on it but what I did was went to wally world and got one of those Krylon Gold Leaf paint markers and measured the frets on a bass that is scaled the same as the Rogue and painted position marks on the side of the fingerboard so I would be able to accurately position my fingers and it works great for me.

I will take a pic and post it up in a few.

and No it dont have the Name Rogue down on the body; It is up on the head stock.

• Members

I would say don't worry about the lines, as long as it has side dots you'll be just fine! You normally don't see the lines much when you're playing anyways.

I would recommend the Cort Curbow. Nice solid feel, quick neck, the Bart pickup and electronics are pretty good for the price, and you can get them for about $400 new or $250 used.

On the right:

basses5.jpg

• Members

All these are cool basses, I just need to save up some dough.

I'll probably wind up getting that squier used on ebay and put flatwounds on it.

Then I just need to learn diamonds on the soles of her shoes
:D

'Boy in the Bubble' is a good one, too. :thu:

Check out the SX basses at www.rondomusic.net They have some decent Fender knock-offs. Heck, we had two at the HCBF NW meet yesterday. :D

• Members

I bought an SX fretless that plays decent out of box with some new strings... I'm going to have my way with it though. $92 shipped during their chipped special (tiny chip off the headstock) + whatever I want to spend to customize it.

And oh yeah, it has the 'frets'.

Archived