OT: Anyone watch the show House?

Bass8987

• Members

I've watched a couple. It was definitely edgier than any other med show I'd seen (and I have seen plenty). The show doesn't synch with my schedule, so i never really got into it; I don't have an real empathy for the characters. But I could.

I'll probably catch up on it when it goes into syndication.

• Members

It's typical - if you like the genre, you'll like House. IMO there's nothing outstanding about it other than how big of an a-hole House is, and how far-fetched and improbable the story lines are...

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're trying to waste an hour of your life....in which case I still wouldn't recommend it...:p

• Members

I've watched a couple. It was definitely edgier than any other med show I'd seen (and I have seen plenty). The show doesn't synch with my schedule, so i never really got into it; I don't have an real empathy for the characters. But I
could

I'll probably catch up on it when it goes into syndication.

It's already in syndication, on A&E, I think. That's where I usually watch in (not the current year's episodes, but I don't really care).

Excellent show.

• Members

I think Hugh Laurie cops an outstanding American accent.

It's kind of a shock to watch interviews with him after watching the show. I don't think I've ever heard any brit accent creeping into his character's voice, unless it's intentionally being used to mock someone else. :)

• Members

After a while it gets pretty formulaic. Bizarre malady, red herrings, they think it's cured but House knows better, sudden worsening to near death, House figures it out and saves the patient.

I like it, and watch it whenever I can catch a new one. House is smart and mean, with an evil, tasteless sense of humor. I watch it for the abuse he dishes out. It was great for a while when he had a nemesis, a cop as smart and ruthless as House but without the tiny tender spot you know House is hiding.

• Members

After a while it gets pretty formulaic. Bizarre malady, red herrings, they think it's cured but House knows better, sudden worsening to near death, House figures it out and saves the patient.

I like it, and watch it whenever I can catch a new one. House is smart and mean, with an evil, tasteless sense of humor. I watch it for the abuse he dishes out. It was great for a while when he had a nemesis, a cop as smart and ruthless as House but without the tiny tender spot you know House is hiding.

+1

Dave Mathews was on House lastnight! Too cool.

• Members

At the very end of that series, turned out the cop had one too, which is what made him such a bastard, just like House.

• Members

At the very end of that series, turned out the cop had one too, which is what made him such a bastard, just like House.

Gaah! I must have missed that! I realized I couldn't remember how that storyline played out, but thought it was just senility setting in.

• Members

Gaah! I must have missed that! I realized I couldn't remember how that storyline played out, but thought it was just senility setting in.

Well, that was my interpretation at least, others may not agree. I didn't really follow the whole sequence of episodes, but I did watch what I took to be the resolution of that storyline not too long ago.

Archived