can a 212 handle a low B

zesty brick

• Members

A 212 has more surface than a 115. Why wouldn't it handle a low B? FWIW, I have a Genz Benz Neox 212T. The low B output is simply impressive. . . . .as it should be.

Because they are not all created equal. Some can though, and do so better than a 1x15. Hell, some even do it better than a 1x18. It all depends on the drivers and cab tuning.

Up to a point, that is. I'm old school enough that I think some of Amar Bose's ideas are both radical and absurd. But in the appropriate environment and used per the instructions, you CAN get really good bass resonse from unnaturally small speakers. (Witness how well Desktop PC speakers perform today compared to 'bookshelf' models from 25 years ago.)

But if you want your pants legs to flap and your neighbors' windows to rattle, bigger is better.

• Members

My Avatar B210 handles it, but my B212 handles it even better.

+1. When I had the Avatar B212 and Neo 210, there was a HUGE difference in their ability to play clean low B's. The 212 just smoked the 210 in every way except for mid cut. If you're talking Avatar cabs, 212 all day long for the low stuff. Outside of Avatar, I've played a few such as the Epifani T212 and my SWR 212, and a few others, and they all had very good deep low tone. I would always choose a 212 over a 210, especially if low B quality is your priority.

Archived