Pictures of my new combo amp, the MARKBASS 121p

justinbass

• Members

Holy hell can this little guy get loud. I can make my windows shake with the Gain set to 7 and Master Volume somwhere between 1 and 2(out of 11). With the EQ set flat is sounds like a pure, uncolored bass. 300W at 8ohms, and I can add another 8ohm cab and run it at 500w into 4ohms. And the best part is, it only weighs 29lbs.

I had my local Guitar Center get this shipped in from another store. I know many of you have had problems with GC. I am lucky to live near one staffed with knowledgeable players that understand customer service. (This belongs in another thread, I know.)

:thu:

markbass1.jpg

markbass2.jpg

markbass3.jpg

• Members

Great catch, Justin! Did they ship it in from 14th St in the city? That's where I had to go to get my LittleMark II head and 1X15 MB speaker cab.

Great systems, eh? Mine gives me the sound I've been looking for all my playing life.

(which GC?)

peace,

Tim from Jersey

• Members

I'm really digging that! What are they going for if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, this is important.

GC says that they prices on Markbass gear are "locked" and they can't discount them. They will however give you a nice discount on other stuff that you buy at the same time.

I picked up a Boss Bass Chorus with a huge discount off their listed price and they threw in an instrument cable for free.

• Members

Something wasn't adding up, so I looked at MarkBass' site.

They show the weight as ~41#, not 29.

SPEAKER

1x15"

TWEETER

piezo

BASS REFLEX

rear

IMPEDANCE

8 ohms

SPEAKER POWER HANDLING

400W RMS (AES Standard)

AMP OUTPUT POWER

500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8 ohm

PREAMP

solid state

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

40 Hz to 18 kHz

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY

3.5 kHz

SENSITIVITY

100 dB SPL

WEIGHT

40.79 lbs / 18.5 kg

HEIGHT

18.27 in. / 46.4 cm

WIDTH

18.27 in. / 46.4 cm

DEPTH

18.9 in. / 48 cm

• Members

Traveler 102P seems to be the intended extension cab.

IMPEDENCE

8 or 4 ohms

SPEAKER SIZE

2x10 in.

BASS PORT

rear

TWEETER

piezo

POWER HANDLING

400W RMS (AES Standard)

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY

3.5 kHz

FREQUENCY RESPONSE

45 Hz to 18 kHz

SENSITIVITY

101 dB SPL

WEIGHT

33 lbs / 15 kg

WIDTH

23.4 in. / 59.4 cm

HEIGHT

13 in. / 33 cm

DEPTH

17 in. / 43.3 cm

4 & 8 ohm versions available.

• Members

Holy hell can this little guy get loud.

Like, erm, how loud?

I reckon I'd love this amp but it is my entire budget for a gig rig and then some. It just seems too dinky to keep up with a drummer and a guitard, except at very small gigs. Then again, at these same gigs I've used a (borrowed, in desperation) 115w 1x15 combo and not run out of oomph. So maybe a more powerful 1x12 can do it?

• Members

Like, erm, how loud?

I reckon I'd love this amp but it is my entire budget for a gig rig and then some. It just seems too dinky to keep up with a drummer and a guitard, except at very small gigs. Then again, at these same gigs I've used a (borrowed, in desperation) 115w 1x15 combo and not run out of oomph. So maybe a more powerful 1x12 can do it?

I haven't fully opened it up yet, so it is hard to say how well it'll compete with a full band. It makes my house shake.

• Members

Holy hell I love this combo. I was playing with a drummer and two guitarists, and I had my volume at 3 of 10. So loud, clear, punchy. I ran my EQ dead flat and it sounded great.

I still prefer my "gigging rig" of the Genz Benz 600 into an Avatar 410, but for a 29 lb combo, this thing is awesome.

Archived