french canadians! a rant.

jonathan_matos5

• Members

i dont know why but they bug the hell out of me

i dont mind the french, and i dont mind canadians but for some reason french canadians

cant they just leave me alone and go back to their friggen hockey, cheap beer, cheese, and wine:mad:

/rant

ps: i do appologize if you are french canadian i dont mean to be offensive. ive been having one of those days

je ne sais pas pourquoi mais ils d

• Members

man, that french translation could not have come from you... that screams "i just punched what i just typed into an online translator"

how the hell do french canadians bug you? Youre in Oklahoma.... not too many Canadians, let alone french ones around there :D

and as far as I know "d

• Members

you caught me. if i learned to speak French id get more money and from what i hear more women:lol: i work in a call center and it seams like every other call is somebody from Canada

My friend worked in a call center in London, Ontario and most of his calls were in Texas. Weird.

I just got a call from a telemarketer... she would even let me get a word in to tell her I wasnt interested. So I just put the phone down and went and got somehting to drink. She lasted for 5 mins and 30 seconds with asking if i was still there. When I came back she was still talking. So I let her talk on. :D at least I wasnt mean about it. My buddy said some people had those siren things they blast into the phone when he called :D

• Members

My friend worked in a call center in London, Ontario and most of his calls were in Texas. Weird.

I just got a call from a telemarketer... she would even let me get a word in to tell her I wasnt interested. So I just put the phone down and went and got somehting to drink. She lasted for 5 mins and 30 seconds with asking if i was still there. When I came back she was still talking. So I let her talk on.
:D
at least I wasnt mean about it. My buddy said some people had those siren things they blast into the phone when he called
:D

the place i work at is incoming calls only but at home when a telemarketer calls me i hang up.:evil:

• Members

the place i work at is incoming calls only but at home when a telemarketer calls me i hang up.
:evil:

i work in a call center, but i think i've told ya before :)

i havent had any telemarketers call but my mum has before. a phone company that i did cust service before for. the company sucked. there was nothing to the company other than us guys in customer services (who were outsourced ;) )

she knew the story with it and told the guy i worked there, he said thanks and goodbye :D

• Members

i dont know why but they bug the hell out of me

i dont mind the french, and i dont mind canadians but for some reason french canadians

cant they just leave me alone and go back to their friggen hockey, cheap beer, cheese, and wine:mad:

/rant

ps: i do appologize if you are french canadian i dont mean to be offensive. ive been having one of those days

je ne sais pas pourquoi mais ils d

• Members

French speaking Africans are the most anal about the language. :)

They correct us French guys often and usually, they're right. They really stick to the rules.

Quebecois have a very strong accent and developped a lot of specific vocabulary but the French they speak and write is perfectly legit. It just has vernacular particularities because it developped within an isolated group of people.

Pretty much like US and UK people use different words sometimes.

• Members

As a french canadian, I would say that "our french" is different than the others. By that I mean that when I went in Europe a few years ago, people from france couldn't understand me if I spoke "qu

• Members

Oh yeah? Well, WE hate all of those Tulsa-ites! :mad:;)

Actually, if you're dealing withpeople at a call centre, I can't altogether blame you... no matter where they were from. Oddly enough, most of the calls that call centres get around here are from the US.

• Members

I wish I was French Canadian. Growing up bilingual in English and French would rule. Speaking of French, I work with a guy from Togo who says Canadians speak a "bad" French. I asked a girl in my grad school class (who is from France) and she said it's just different, and that Quebec folk sometimes say they speak "the king's French" which is truer to the original or something like that. Since you actually
are
French Canadian, what is your take?

Being French Canadian doesn't necessarily mean you are brought up bilingual. There are plenty of Quebecois who don't speak English. I'd say a lot of those who are bilingual still have one language which is weaker - I've known very few that can speak both flawlessly and without the telltale accent.

I've never heard the phrase "king's French" before, but I guess it makes sense. Quebec was first colonized in the 1500s, if memory serves, and the old French stayed with the colonists, I suppose.

It really isn't THAT different though as far as I know... except for the swear words...

Archived