I hate Algebra

randomhero2006

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Integration by parts....

Differentiation from first principles....

Other stuff I don't honestly know anything about yet!

I'm going to be doing lots of this at university later this year! :eek: I love Physics and Astronomy, but not so much maths...

• Members

2. Swearing in Titles

This rule is obvious, and doesn't need explaining. In the past we allowed people to use * and other symbols, but recently we've noticed that some people aren't able to start a thread without using this method, so from now on, NO swearing in thread titles will be tolerated, regardless of whether you use symbols or not.

So what defines swearing ? Thanks to Burdizzos, we have a reasonable definition : "If it is a word that you wouldn't hear Bugs Bunny or Dora The Explorer say, then it shouldn't be in a thread title."

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79390

• Members

I'm going to be doing lots of this at university later this year!
:eek:
I love Physics and Astronomy, but not so much maths...

You better learn to love math if you want to explore physics and astronomy. You see.....

Psychology is all biology

Biology is all chemistry

Chemistry is all physics

And physics is just math.

Sorry!:wave:

• Members

When I went to college, it was well over 4 years after high school. (Uncle Sam had other plans for me.) I had started calculus at a community college while in the service but had to drop out.

At Auburn, I started with pre-calc and trig. You can imagine my reaction when our long-haired "instructor" walked and told us, among other things, that we had to do the homework to be successful.

I didn't listen and was lost. Completely. But there were three girls who sat in the front row and always had the answers. One of them was cute. And lived close to me.

So, I asked her for assistance. She agreed but said she wouldn't do my homework for me. I had to try.

After a week or so, there were four of us who always had the answers. I was one of them.

I did graduate "Lordy how come" with a BSEE. You can only imagine how many math classes I took. My math GPA was just a tad under a 3.0 (out of 4) so I was proud of that - having no natural math talents of course.

I think I could start over again and do even better now. My grasp has improved over the years.

You can do it too. 10% should mean "no pressure". You need to figure out the worst case. I loved doing that. I'd come up with something along the lines of :

Finals test...................Class grade

don't show up................. D

23%...............................C

46%...............................B

69%...............................A

Takes all the pressure off.

Archived