Ashdown Mag 600

stereo

• Members

I purchased a Mag 600 from MF,I have'nt recieved it yet.

And I noticed after the fact that it does'nt come with a

compressor. Why would they leave something so basic

out. I know the newer model has it. Am I going to miss

anything by not having one ?

• Members

No.

Every time I experiment with them I remember why I stopped experimenting with them. Hopefully I'll remember next time the desire to buy something comes along.

Exactly. Every time I try compression I find myself playing alot harder trying to get some semblance of dynamics. Maybe I just don't know WTF I'm doing, but as of yet nobody has been able to demonstrate the usefulness of a compressor in my bass rig's signal chain.

As far as the tone of the MAG, I never felt like I needed a compressor, it's very forgiving of your dynamics, much moreso than my GK, which will punish you for being aggressive without setting it properly.:D

C7

• Members

My Nemesis has a built-in compressor, but I can't tell if it's doing anything or not. What I want is something that makes the tone sort of syrupy but not sound like it comes from a synthesizer. Flanger? I don't know...

But compressor pedals are a dime-a-dozen...

• Members

My Nemesis has a built-in compressor, but I can't tell if it's doing anything or not. What I want is something that makes the tone sort of syrupy but not sound like it comes from a synthesizer. Flanger? I don't know...

But compressor pedals are a dime-a-dozen...

A Flanger or Paser will do that. Also, a Chrous will add a fullness to your sound. Personally, I like a bit of Chrous and just a touch of Reverb, it makes it sound like your sound is bigger then it is which is a very cool effect. ;)

• Members

A Flanger or Paser will do that. Also, a Chrous will add a fullness to your sound. Personally, I like a bit of Chrous and just a touch of Reverb, it makes it sound like your sound is bigger then it is which is a very cool effect.
;)

The tone I've always admired has been Bruce Thomas's on the first three or four Elvis and the Attractions albums. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but that's great sound to me and he's a {censored}ing great bassist.

Archived