Got a cab question.

Conformer

• Members

I got a closed back and very solid Peavey guitar cab with 2x12 speakers in it, I have used it with bass before.

I want to put some 12 inch bass speakers in it, as it seems too have breathing room for bass.

I have used it and a old Laney Linebacker 100 for a long time with a Digitech BP-50 modeler.

I know it sounds like junk, but with tweaking I have gotten some really good sound out of it.

I can nail Hi-Watt, Trace Elliot, and Sunn tones with it. Anyway I am going to get either the Ashdown electric blue 180 watt head, or the GK Backline 600.

Not top end stuff, but I have gotten good with my modeler, and found that even most guitarist like the tone and most people can't tell the difference.

Also I need to know what would be some good 8 ohm 12 inch bass speakers?

I need to bridge them to make 4 ohms.

BTW: I forgot to make my layaway payments on a Aguliar AC 500 last year, and lost it. I had it for $400...:cry: :cry:.

• Members

I got a closed back and very solid Peavey guitar cab with 2x12 speakers in it, I have used it with bass before.

I want to put some 12 inch bass speakers in it, as it seems too have breathing room for bass.

I have used it and a old Laney Linebacker 100 for a long time with a Digitech BP-50 modeler.

I know it sounds like junk, but with tweaking I have gotten some really good sound out of it.

I can nail Hi-Watt, Trace Elliot, and Sunn tones with it. Anyway I am going to get either the Ashdown electric blue 180 watt head, or the GK Backline 600.

Not top end stuff, but I have gotten good with my modeler, and found that even most guitarist like the tone and most people can't tell the difference.

Also I need to know what would be some good 8 ohm 12 inch bass speakers?

I need to bridge them to make 4 ohms.

BTW: I forgot to make my layaway payments on a Aguliar AC 500 last year, and lost it. I had it for $400...
:cry:
:cry:.

What's your budget?

I recently ordered two Eminence Deltalite-II 12" speakers. They work great in a relatively small cabinet.

Archived