Swedes eye fowl as power-plant fuel

chris-dax

• Members

UMEA, Sweden, March 10 (UPI) -- A Swedish firm's proposal to use dead chickens to generate electricity probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind in terms of alternative energy.

But Umea Energi is ready to move forward with a proposal that would use chicken carcasses from egg farms as fuel for a power-generating furnace.

Umea operates in the frozen north of Sweden and is seeking a permit to burn as many as 9,000 dead hens per year along with other combustible waste, the newspaper V

• Members

About 18 to 24 months ago, I posted an article about a man in North Carolina making an alternative fuel for just this thing, out of chicken parts left over from processing. Very affordable too. My nephew was his chemist. Basically, between ailing health and a lot of stress induced by death threats and court suits, his company went belly-up. :(

• Members

About 18 to 24 months ago, I posted an article about a man in North Carolina making an alternative fuel for just this thing, out of chicken parts left over from processing. Very affordable too. My nephew was his chemist. Basically, between ailing health and a lot of stress induced by death threats and court suits, his company went belly-up.
:(

you sure he didn't just chicken out...?

Archived