Two extra spots in bass amp rack.....any suggestions???

cfunkhou

• Members

I use an Eden WT-800C in a four space rack. This means I have two rack slots completely free and I'm just wondering if you guys have any reccomendations. I kind of want to leave one space open in the rack for ventilation, but i will still consider filling it up completely. Here are the possible options ive been thinking:

1. Power conditioner (very boring/questionable nessesity)

2. Rackmount tuner (I use a little basic korg one right now that works fine for me, my bass stays in tune pretty well)

3. Line 6 Rackmount BassPod (seems pretty interesting (2 rack spaces), however i wasnt floored by the demos on the site and havent actually been able to test one out yet).

Anyone else have any more suggestions or input? thanks

• Moderators

Or.

You could put family photos in there, or fluffy toys in case you get sad whilst playing. Easy to just whip one out and have a cuddle.

:D:lol::D

On a serious note, a nice wireless unit with a rackmount kit is 1 space, and you can put a blank rackspace panel in the other empty and buy some stick on letters and put a message on it or something like that.

• Members

Not to hijack, but how deep is that rack?

It's roughly 24 inches closed from front to back.

The lids are 4 inches deep and there are rails on both sides. The rails are about 16 inches apart, which makes a racked amp have about 20 inches of room behind it and 4 inches infront.

Yo.

• Moderators

I'd go with nothing.

sell the four and buy a two.

save on car boot space.

Or.

You could put family photos in there, or fluffy toys in case you get sad whilst playing. Easy to just whip one out and have a cuddle.

This is the best response yet.

Why do these questions always start "I have 2 extra rack spaces..." If you are adding something or taking something away from your rack shouldn't it be to accomplish some tonal goal rather than a spatial goal? If not a tonal goal, it should address some matter of convenience.

What is your sound lacking?

On a related note, I have four pockets in the pants I am wearing today. I have my wallet in back left pocket and my work id in my front right. I would like your suggestions for what to put in my other two pockets. The options I'm considering:

1. $7 in loose change (I already have cash in my wallet and never use change, so maybe this isn't needed)

2. my cell phone (of limited use since I am sitting 18 inches from my work phone all day

3. a yo-yo since they seem fun and I'm a fun guy

I kid, I kid. :wave::D

• Members

I have a Eden WT-800 in a rack case. The additional units I have in the case are: 1) tuner. My eyes are too bad to see those tiny foot pedal tuner indicators, so I like the easy to see feature of a rack mount tuner. 2) compressor. I use it all the time. You may not need one. If not, then just skip it. They are not for everyone. 3) Synth module (for MIDI foot pedals) -- doesn't really apply to you, and 4) empty space. I've thought about putting a wireless receiver here.

Man, with a Eden, some good cabs, and a good bass, I'd think that there would be absolutely no need for a bass POD or any other modeler. If you're going to go the modeler route, then you need a power amp instead of a bass amp.

Archived