I just got my '77 StingRay back!!

DevilRaysFan

• Members

I just traded a guy my Ibanez 5-String locally. I'll try to get some pics up later. You guys will HATE me when you see this thing: over 10 years ago I added two SD Basslines J Pickups to it. It has six knobs: volume/bass/treble for the MM and V/V/T for the Js and three on/off switches...Its brutal looking....I love this bass, its just not easy on the eye....................

• Members

:confused:
wait so you modded this ting out like ten years ago, then sold/traded it away along the line. and now traded for the same bass again? from the same guy or has it been around the block a few times?

Same guy.

Yeah - I wanted this bass back for awhile

• Members

So did you steal Fender's idea of the swimming pool route, or did they steal it from you?
:confused:

With some decent milling, you could make a pickguard that would mask that and not look too bad...the bloated control plate...wow...that's another thing. :freak:

• Members

Wow, thats..... ugly. I thought you'd maybe do one on each side of the ray pup, but I guess there wouldn't be much room, eh?

That was what I originally wanted so I can access the one J PU for the "faux fretless" sound. At the time, Chris (the guy from Orlando I mentioned above) had a reason why it couldn't be done. With the exception of the "fake fretless" this ugly travesty of justice actually sounds killer and has a multitude of tones I can get out of it.

• Members

Yes.

Three switches are PU on/off in the order you see them.

Top Row of Knobs: Volume J-Neck, Volume J-Mid, master Tone for Js

Bottom Row Knobs: Volume MM, Treble MM, Bass MM

wOW. I bet that really does have a crazy variety of tonal options.

• Members

OK, you asked for it

Get yer barfbags ready:

77raynf0.jpg

Same guy.

Yeah - I wanted this bass back for awhile

For a minute there I thought you called me a barfag. I was like.... hey?

But yeah. I should be upset that you ruined a classic stingray body, but I'll let it slide I suppose.:p

Archived