Trace Elliot identification help

DyerWolf

• Members

iGDjDRkAOy2YyMVFnUYqyVSiPeSB.jpg

I saw this on craigslist for pretty cheap and am thinking about picking it up. It doesn't look like it's from their current line, is it from the Pre-Gibson days?

edit: apparently waffle images doesn't allow hosting here? Anyone know a free image host I can use?

• Members

To me it looks like it's one of their 1048 Cabs........and due to the lack of tuneable ports, yeah, I'd guess at pre-Gibson. The colour of the cones also suggests a somewhat older cab.

Hmmm, 8 ohms, 300 watts power handling, and from what my back remembers about 40kgs......90lbs and fairly bulky!

I had a slightly later built one...probably about '93 that didn't have those colour of cones....so this could be quite an old one...then again they maybe had different cones all at the same time (mine were kevlar impregnated and all black with the Trace Elliot name on the dust cap) Sounded good with the AH250 Series 5 head I had at the time.

Then again, I got an all new Trace Rig, including the 1048 H (had a horn too), this had tuning ports and was carpet covered. This must've been in the during Gibson days, and to be honest, that rig was great as well!!

• Members

Yup, that's pre-gibson, the paint scheme gives it away more than anything...actually that pre-dates mine I think.

This would be mine, 4x10 cab, Head is AH350SM (the 7 band version of the 12 band model) I think I got mine in 93.

The cab...yea, it's f'ing heavy.

Archived