a COMPACT, reasonably priced 212

acmaddox0825

• Members

i know somebody is gonna say avatar,and i would love to try one but based on the measurements, it bigger than most 410 cabs!! i know its light, buy its still... BIG! anywho any suggestions. i might end up trying out an avatar anyway, and i f i don like it i will just send it back. but please, NO "TRY THE AVATAR". im gonna try it. i just want to know some other suggestions.

• Members

The conundrum here is, in order to really get the full effect of two 12's, you kind of need a big box. I mean, there's really no way around having a baffle dimension that isn't at least 25" on one aspect.:D For user-friendly design, I think the Genz 2x12 is nice; I think it's narrower than other 2x12's so it would be easier to carry.

The Schroeder design allows for a smaller box, but not a smaller price.

If you want two 12's but not a big box, get two 1x12's and stack them.:idea:

C7

• Moderators

If you like a narrower vertical setup, try the Genz Benz Neox-212T. I have one. It's very loud. You might consider a schroeder, too. Neither one of these are econoboxes like the Avatar you ask about. However, they are priced reasonably for what you are getting.

• Members

If you like a narrower vertical setup, try the Genz Benz Neox-212T. I have one. It's very loud. You might consider a schroeder, too. Neither one of these are econoboxes like the Avatar you ask about. However, they are priced reasonably for what you are getting.

+1 for Schroeder. I have a 1212 and it is very compact and very loud. They can usually be had for 500-600 used.

• Members

Not true.

The largest side of the baffle for my soon-to-be 2x12 is 22". The trick is to place them diagonally.

Are your drivers touching?:D

I can see how you can make it to 22", but that puts very little space between the drivers, and around the edges.:eek:

Also, the 12" measurement is for the cone, not the entire speaker. I think the Eminence 12's measure like 12.5" edge to edge. Don't quote me because I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 12"...

C7

Archived