OT: Anyone Else Having Outlook Issues with DST?

beam

• Members

Anyone at work having problems with their calendar appointments being off by an hour? I have our actual computers and servers patched for the new Daylight Savings, but everyone's Outlook 2000 clients still have all the meetings and such off by an hour.

MS has an official "tool" for this, but it doesn't seem to work properly for me.

Any and all pointers/advice would be helpful :)

• Members

:freak: frustratatingly, we have the same issue.

Clocks are correct across the board, but the calandar hasn't sync'd yet. When we installed the patch last week, calandars went goofy, and were off by an hour, and now that DST has happened, the calandars are again off by an hour. MS screwed the pooch on this one.

Sorry I am not more helpful here.

• Members

We had a batch file that was pushed out to each desktop and had to be run while outlook was running, that seemed to take care of it.

All it does is:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool zmove.exe" /q

Not sure where the tzmove.exe is from since I dont support the MS stuff. If you want me to look into it lemme know

:wave:

• Members

We patched all of our servers and desktops, but decided against running the Exchange Update tool on the information store or running the local Outlook version. We are so small that I just sent out an e-mail explaining the differences and what to be wary of. Haven't had any complaints yet!

• Members

We had a batch file that was pushed out to each desktop and had to be run while outlook was running, that seemed to take care of it.

All it does is:

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool zmove.exe" /q

Not sure where the tzmove.exe is from since I dont support the MS stuff. If you want me to look into it lemme know

:wave:

Yeah, tzmove.exe is the patch I linked up top.

It doesn't seem to work very well for us :(

• Members

MS screwed the pooch on this one.

Not really.

I'll be the first to admit that Micro$oft's documentation is pretty crappy and hard to find. But, if you were able to find it, it explains clearly that Outlook does not use the system clock to schedule appointments. It uses universal time code.

So, when you adjust your OS time zone info, the appointments in Outlook made prior to the update get shifted by one hour. But only in the 3 weeks of extended DST.

There were a couple tools to fix the Outlook thing. I didn't use it at work cause it shifts ALL appointments within those 3 weeks. And any appointments made after the OS upgrade were correct. So it would have fixed some, and not others. And I had no way of knowing when users scheduled specific appoinments.

Like woofenstein, I just told everyone to pay particular attention to their calendars during the extended DST.

• Members

Same for us. It didn't bother me too much since they've already got it fixed. Still, it was funny when one of the managers showed me the manager alert page that he got noting that Outlook calendaring was having problems. The Notes calendar was just fine (though we're migrating off Notes).

• Members

Not really.

I'll be the first to admit that Micro$oft's documentation is pretty crappy and hard to find. But, if you were able to find it, it explains clearly that Outlook does not use the system clock to schedule appointments. It uses universal time code.

So, when you adjust your OS time zone info, the appointments in Outlook made prior to the update get shifted by one hour. But only in the 3 weeks of extended DST.

There were a couple tools to fix the Outlook thing. I didn't use it at work cause it shifts ALL appointments within those 3 weeks. And any appointments made after the OS upgrade were correct. So it would have fixed some, and not others. And I had no way of knowing when users scheduled specific appoinments.

Like woofenstein, I just told everyone to pay particular attention to their calendars during the extended DST.

I'll have to look more into this one.

Their tzmove.exe patch is supposed to only fix those entries that are wrong, but the program either goes through and doesn't fix all the entires previous to the new start date...or it bombs out on install, even if the user is a local admin...see attached

• Members

I'll have to look more into this one.

Their tzmove.exe patch is supposed to only fix those entries that are wrong, but the program either goes through and doesn't fix all the entires previous to the new start date...or it bombs out on install, even if the user is a local admin...see attached

When I tested it, it installed and ran. But like I said, it moved EVERYTHING... including appointments that were scheduled correctly after I did the OS patch.

So... whatever. Micro$oft... Meh. They're the reason why I'll always have a job.

• Members

When I tested it, it installed and ran. But like I said, it moved EVERYTHING... including appointments that were scheduled correctly after I did the OS patch.

So... whatever. Micro$oft... Meh. They're the reason why I'll always have a job.

It's very strange. It runs for some people, and when it does...it finds only 1 or 2 appointments that it thinks it should move, but even then it doesn't move those items to the correct time.

When you ran it, did you use the first(Update to reflect changes to windows time zone) or second(Move appointments created in the original time zone to the new one) option at the main screen

• Members

It's very strange. It runs for some people, and when it does...it finds only 1 or 2 appointments that it thinks it should move, but even then it doesn't move those items to the correct time.

When you ran it, did you use the first(Update to reflect changes to windows time zone) or second(Move appointments created in the original time zone to the new one) option at the main screen

I tried both and couldn't get either of them to work properly. At least, not well enough to roll it out to all my users.

Archived