Court: Dying can be charged for using marijuana

Captain Fathead

• Members

I totally agree with you. If you can grow it in your back yard then why in hell is it illegal. There are much harder drugs that the damn Feds should be going after, leave pot alone.

You can grow opium in your back yard, why the hell is heroin illegal?

• Members

No there's not. Feds shouldn't be going after ANY drugs.

None whatsoever? Not even GHB, or Benzodiazepines, or Cantharidin?

Should it be illegal for me to mix possibly lethal combinations of phosphorus, ephedrine, iodine, and then sell it to absolutely anyone I can convince to buy it?

• Members

You can grow opium in your back yard, why the hell is heroin illegal?

You can't "grow" heroin in your back yard. Poppies can be cut and you can get the resin from them and smoke it but it's nothing like herion. It's only when a drug is consentrated that it becomes really toxic and lethal, smoked resin, just like smoked weed, isn't nearly as bad as real, hard drugs are.

• Moderators

You can't "grow" heroin in your back yard. Poppies can be cut and you can get the resin from them and smoke it but it's nothing like herion. It's only when a drug is consentrated that it becomes really toxic and lethal, smoked resin, just like smoked weed, isn't nearly as bad as real, hard drugs are.

I look forward to your upcoming breakthrough medical research paper on the topic. :rolleyes: So marijuana is no a real drug? :rolleyes::blah::freak:

• Members

I look forward to your upcoming breakthrough medical research paper on the topic.
:rolleyes:
So marijuana is no a real drug?
:rolleyes::blah::freak:

Marijuana IS a real drug, that's why it's helping this woman but the Feds are too stupid to see that. They'd rather have a person hooked on their "legal" percription drugs that cost tons of money and that will make the Drug Co. money. Heaven forbit that a person trys to help themselves anymore with natural drugs.

P.S.

Here's a paper on it.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/medicalm.htm

• Moderators

I actually was just giving you a hard time and I totally came off as a jackass. I appologize. EVERYTHING we put in our bodies is a drug. EVERY DRUG has varying degress of pros and cons. MOST DRUGS have some purpose for which they can contribute to the improved welfare of our lives.

That said, I'm all for the people of this country being able to outlaw certain drugs if they feel the cons outweight the pros. In this case, that has happened. I also believe that if doctors believed the illegal drug worked better than the legal drugs, the illegal drug would be used and wouldn't be illegal for long. In this case, that hasn't happened. Feel free to disagree with me, I have no dog in the race and I won't be offended. Thing is, the majority of the country takes my side (or another position that supports the illegality of marijuana) so nothing is going to change anytime soon.

• Members

The one "fly in the ointment" is that in certain States THE PEOPLE have voted that Marijuana should be legal but the Feds are stompin' all over State's Rights and that pisses me off to no end. Ever since the end of the Civil War("what's so civil 'bout war anyway?") the State's Rights have been at the mercy of the Federal Government and it just shouldn't be that way at all. The Federal Government is suppose to worry about things Outside of the U.S., i.e. Treaties with Foreign Countries, securing our boarders, stuff like that. Instead, they're getting involved in State affairs and I can't stand it anymore.

• Moderators

The one "fly in the ointment" is that in certain States THE PEOPLE have voted that Marijuana should be legal but the Feds are stompin' all over State's Rights and that pisses me off to no end. Ever since the end of the Civil War("what's so civil 'bout war anyway?") the State's Rights have been at the mercy of the Federal Government and it just shouldn't be that way at all. The Federal Government is suppose to worry about things Outside of the U.S., i.e. Treaties with Foreign Countries, securing our boarders, stuff like that. Instead, they're getting involved in State affairs and I can't stand it anymore.

Well that's an entirely different issue and you aren't going to find any support for that from me. I have a very strong constitutional law background and have written plenty of essays in support of states' rights, but not with respect to drug control. I can't even make an argument that drug control doesn't affect commerce between the states.

As for the real world, states' rights are dead, and even many of the people that disagree with the process for killing them don't disagree with the outcome. I expect that just a few more generations from now the very idea will be laughable if it isn't already.

• Members

I totally agree with you. If you can grow it in your back yard then why in hell is it illegal. There are much harder drugs that the damn Feds should be going after, leave pot alone.

that's why it's illegal. Cause you can grow it in your back yard...easily, with no taxation. If they could figure out a way to tax it, they'd be happy to let people use it. Look at oxycontin.

• Members

As for the real world, states' rights are dead, and even many of the people that disagree with the process for killing them don't disagree with the outcome. I expect that just a few more generations from now the very idea will be laughable if it isn't already.

The truth and the sad root of the problem.

Archived