Recommend me a 4X10 cab

DevilRaysFan

• Members

So, when I showed up at this forum almost a year ago, I came on here as a working-bassist know-it-all ---- Boy, was I wrong!! --- You guys/gals schooled me right quick and I have a lot of respect for the opinions posted here. So.......

....Im selling my old-house and I am getting a new rig. I have a lot of cabs of all sizes but all my stuff (including my amps) are over 10 years old. I have a line on amp I want so I don't need help there --- but I would like opinions about cabinets

Here is my requirements: has to be able to handle a decent amount of power and have a "flat" response. I am a clean player ( no distortion or overdrive). I also like a lot of "punch" in my sound and - while I attribute this mostly to the bass and personal technique - I am not sure if you guys/gals know of any cabs that aid with this. So, what do you guys suggest?

• Members

I love my Avatar, but I also happen to have a Music Man HD212 that is pretty sweet too, just heavier than I care for. Its the Audiophile series, and it is FLAT, 6" high driver. It was also on Tampa craigslist for a while and no one wanted it :(

• Members

For transparent sound, I really like the GK RBH cabs. The 4x10RBH is {censored}in' dreamy with a 1001rbII.
:love:
C7

I played a 1000RB through a 410RBH a couple years ago, and it did sound darn good. And LOUD!!!:eek: I had everything on the amp set flat except the "Contour" which was halfway up.

When DRF said "punch", the first brand that came to mind for me was Eden (please don't kill me). The Eden speakers I've used have always sounded nice and punchy to my ears.

• Members

I played a 1000RB through a 410RBH a couple years ago, and it did sound darn good. And LOUD!!!
:eek:
I had everything on the amp set flat except the "Contour" which was halfway up.

When DRF said "punch", the first brand that came to mind for me was Eden (please don't kill me). The Eden speakers I've used have always sounded nice and punchy to my ears.

GK head with an Eden 410 is dabomb -- totally clean and punchy! If the Eden wasn't so pickin' heavy, I'd be an owner.

• Members

This or the new Tour Series Peavey 4x10(even better, their 2x10 & 1x15 short stack).

I gotta say, I am impressed with my new Tour 210 cab.

Sounds really good.

Clean, punchy, with great low end.

It looks a little odd with the contoured front thinie on it, but two of these would be a great rig.

Light weight too.

It is new so that may be a factor in my opinion.

Archived