OT: Making mpeg-2 movies and burning them to DVD...help?

JacieFB

• Members

Okay, here's what I have...I'm assembling a movie for work using Microsoft Movie Maker. I'm putting together .jpgs, .bmps, and .avi and .mov clips for a presentation. I get it all together just fine.

Then I export it to a .wmv file using the Movie Maker.

Then I convert it from .wmv to mpeg-2 using Movavi Video Converter.

Then I use Blaze Media Pro to burn the mpeg-2 to a DVD-R (16x).

Everything seems fine...I am able to play the DVD on my computer. My Windows Media Player recognizes and plays the DVD no prob.

The problem...nothing else will play it...especially not my boss's compu! :o

I have an email into Blaze Media to their tech support. Since I haven't purchased this product yet, I'm not thinking they'll be too much help. I have one other thing that I am trying. I just noticed that my last attempt at this was the PAL version of mpeg-2. I changed it to NTSC and am trying again.

Has anyone else done this? See any flaws in my process? I'm a noob to this movie making thing, for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Members

If you're just copying the mpeg2 to the DVD you're not creating the required DVD structure. The DVD players needs that.

That makes sense. But why does my computer play it with no trouble? It gives me the option to: "Play DVD Movie" and when I select that it works just fine. :confused:

I think the Blaze Media Pro gives you the ability to lay out the DVD structure. I've not tried it, though. Is it fairly intuitive? (I'm at home now, so I'm not able to check out the program more closely.)

• Members

That makes sense. But why does my computer play it with no trouble? It gives me the option to: "Play DVD Movie" and when I select that it works just fine.
:confused:

I think the Blaze Media Pro gives you the ability to lay out the DVD structure. I've not tried it, though. Is it fairly intuitive? (I'm at home now, so I'm not able to check out the program more closely.)

Because it knows what to do when it sees a '.mpg' file. Some DVD players will also play it, usually the really cheap ones.

I don't know about Blaze but all have a 'Create DVD' somethingaruther.

Archived