Help Me Folks--Ampeg B50R or GKBackline250

G-Bass-Austin

• Members

Hey y'all. Needs some help. I am trading an old cab I have for a small backup amp. I will mostly use it for practice, coffee shop type gigs, or recording. I dont want to lug my full stack around all the time for little things. I got an offer for a mint Ampeg B50R or a mint GK Backline250 head (to pair with a GKNEO 1-12 plus I add $200 for the cab) I cant try the B50R unfortunately but that is the one I am leaning towards. Which one would you do? Help me make a decision........:confused:

• Members

Hey y'all. Needs some help. I am trading an old cab I have for a small backup amp. I will mostly use it for practice, coffee shop type gigs, or recording. I dont want to lug my full stack around all the time for little things. I got an offer for a mint Ampeg B50R or a mint GK Backline250 head (to pair with a GKNEO 1-12 plus I add $200 for the cab) I cant try the B50R unfortunately but that is the one I am leaning towards. Which one would you do? Help me make a decision........
:confused:

I had a B50R when I first started playing bass. It was a pretty good practice/small gig amp but was a little short of volume. I regret getting rid of it, but I bought a B100R and am much happier with it. I don't know what kind of deal you're getting on the B50R, but I got my B100R (excellent condition) for $375 off of ebay (I picked it up too and saved on shipping) so you might want to check on that. I think the B100R is well worth the extra $$$ because it has more lows (which I like).

• Members

I have a behringer 4500H damn nice little amp for the money but I also have an Ampeg so my vote goes to the ampeg but unless you are getting a deal you can't pass up go for the 100 It will be much more to you'er likeing the 50 sounds good but runs out of power. the GK might be an option to but I just don't likeum that much they don't have much carrictor to there sound I like the Ampeg growlee thing myself.

Archived