lunar occultation of Saturn

chris-dax

• Members

saturnOccultation_Lawrence720.jpg

Explanation: The March 3rd total lunar eclipse was widely viewed by denizens of planet Earth. But only a day before, well placed observers could also watch a lunar occultation of Saturn as the planet passed behind the nearly Full Moon. From Selsey, UK, astronomer Pete Lawrence actually saw Saturn graze the lunar limb, the Moon's bright surface dramatically eclipsing a substantial part of the gas giant's spectacular rings. In this summary view of the grazing occultation, south is up and Saturn's position is shown every 90 seconds in a composite of images constructed from video frames. The frames were all recorded near the occultation event, then combined and adjusted to compensate for the large difference in brightness between Saturn and the lunar surface.

• Members

What I find really cool is that you can see a big ol' shadow of a stealth bomber in the bottom right-hand section of the picture.

So ......this is obviously a fake because:

1) everybody knows that there is only 1 Saturn;

2) we have never been this close to the moon because we never landed there; and

3) please don't take any of this seriously and slag me simply because I don't have 10 gazillion posts and have not gone trough the proper HCBF hazing!

That is all

PD

• Members

What I find really cool is that you can see a big ol' shadow of a stealth bomber in the bottom right-hand section of the picture.

3) please slag me because I have 10 posts and wish to go through the proper HCBF hazing!

That is all

PD

:mad:

dumping_b.jpg

• Members

3) please don't take any of this seriously and slag me simply because I don't have 10 gazillion posts and have not gone trough the proper HCBF hazing!

That is all

PD

Oh well, I still have to disprove you.

1. I swear I've ridden in at least a dozen Saturns.

2. In Soviet Russia, the Moon landed on YOU!

3. Proper hazing is something few survive. Lug will administer the haze if he sees fit.

Archived