OT: Not that I just noticed this, but.......

Funkee1

• Members

Cats don't actually do anything, do they?

I mean, my new ladyfriends cat pretty much sleeps 23 hours a day, and spends the remainig hour eating and pooping.

There really isn't much difference between a cat and asloth, except that hanging upside down thing, is there?

• Members

Cats don't actually do anything, do they?

I mean, my new ladyfriends cat pretty much sleeps 23 hours a day, and spends the remainig hour eating and pooping.

There really isn't much difference between a cat and asloth, except that hanging upside down thing, is there?

Well, sloths are at least reverent from time to time. ;)

• Members

I don't know, my cat also likes to tear around the house like he's possessed.....usually at about 2 in the morning.......
:rolleyes:

Yep. Ours too. I think they are a hell of a lot smarter then people give them credit for.

• Members

I really need to video our 7 pound cat wrestling our 55 pound dog, it's pretty dang funny.
;)

How does that work out for ya? Did you have the cat or dog first? We were talking about the possibility of getting a dog when we buy our house. I just can't imagine the 3 brats being okay with another animal around.

• Members

to be a cat is a recognition: if you have been good in your life, you will be reincarnated in a Cat. If not, you will be reincarnated in a mouse.

If you are a bassplayer, you ever walked half the path to be a cat.

• Members

How does that work out for ya? Did you have the cat or dog first? We were talking about the possibility of getting a dog when we buy our house. I just can't imagine the 3 brats being okay with another animal around.

I used to live with a family that had a rottweiler, tea-cup yorkie, and 5 cats. Two of the cats are bengals, which have fairly "wild" instincts. All of the animals get along well and the yorkie plays with all of the animals except one. He doesn't get along with one of the bengals, but the bengal instigates {censored} with all the other cats, so I guess the yorkie is stepping up for them.

• Members

The dog was almost 10 (and our other, now deceased dog was 12) when my son brought home the 6 week old cat. Other than a few tense standoffs early on, it didn't take long for them to adapt. Of course our lab and our dalmation were both pretty docile dogs.

I think bringing the new cat in with the older dogs is probably easier than the other way around. My boss just got a lab puppy last year and his 10 year old cat won't come out of the basement now.:D

• Members

I think bringing the new cat in with the older dogs is probably easier than the other way around. My boss just got a lab puppy last year and his 10 year old cat won't come out of the basement now.
:D

i my exp. it usually turns out the other way around. remember dogs are pack animals, if the cat or cats are older than the dog once it ges over it's inital puppyness will usually defer to them as having a higher place in the pack. also as it grows the dog will never quite figure out that the cat can no longer beat him up. :freak:

• Members

www.stuffonmycat.com

Just goes to show their laziness.

My wife showed me this one. Funny.

My cats are really active. So active that we wish that they were more sedate. I don't think they actually sleep more than maybe 10-12 hours a day. They follow us around half the time or demand our attention, wanting food (of course), to go out (which we supervise when we rarely let them), or to play. Usually fetch. Yes, they would play fetch several hours a day if we accomodated them. They chase and return foam rings (from those motorized guns), hair ties, foam earplugs, stuffed chew toys, etc.

They will be 2 years old on the 27th so maybe they'll settle down when they get older. Crazy cats.

• Members

My friends had to put her cats down because they were too jealous with her newborn baby. (She couldn't find homes for them) It sucked.

That's the last thing I need to read right now :cry:

Poor kitties. I think about that all the time. I don't know how they'll react. They are such babies, they'll probably freak out. But I'll have to make it work, bc I'm not getting rid of either!

• Members

That's the last thing I need to read right now
:cry:

Poor kitties. I think about that all the time. I don't know how they'll react. They are such babies, they'll probably freak out. But I'll have to make it work, bc I'm not getting rid of either!

Oh sorry to freak you out. She did nothing to get them used to the possibility of a baby. She just came home with him and made them deal. Silly. She'd let them climb in the crib and stuff... bad idea because they thought it was theirs. My cousin bought some spray from a petshop that helped and gave her cat travelling tranquilizers for the first 2 weeks the baby was home. No problems there, the cat loves the baby.

Archived