Which option is the best?

diocide

• Members

Hey guys, I'm a guitar player that wants to get a bass for tracking and possibly for some live stuff later on... I've been scouring craisglist and haven't had much luck... I don't really have many stipulations for my purchase, other than it cost around 200 bucks... Here are some of my options;

-Yamaha RBX260 for 150 bucks

-Ibanez EDC300 for 200 bucks

-Ibanez SR400 for 200 bucks

All of these are used. I will be using this bass for tracking on some of my metal tracks, and maybe playing out with a metal band, or possible a friend of mines "Trip Hop" type stuff. Looking for punchy cleans (Like Sublime) and something that distorts well if I use some OD's or other effects.

I also have the option of driving down to Rondo and picking up one of thier basses, and wouldn't mind really... I was thinking this model...

sb301msl1.jpg

I plan to also pick up a Bass Vamp2 or maybe a bass POD, which I would use for recording, and run it into my Sunn Coliseum 300 if I ever end up playing live... What do you guys think?

• Members

II also have the option of driving down to Rondo and picking up one of thier basses, and wouldn't mind really... I was thinking this model...

Can you do this? I was under the impression that when Rondo closed the NJ store they went online only. :confused:

• Members

That Rondo is a copy of the Bass Collection bass I own two of (one fretted, one not). I have less than $300 in the pair of them.

For what you want and need now, the choice is what feels best to you and is still within your budget. ANYTHING will make enough noise for what you want to do.

• Members

Can you do this? I was under the impression that when Rondo closed the NJ store they went online only.
:confused:

Really? I didn't know that they closed the store in NJ:eek: :mad: Oh well... That sucks, because I would really like to be able to play the bass I buy before I buy it...

And thank for the suggestions so far guys. I'm going to make a trip and try out the basses I've listed and keep your guys opinions in mind. Thanks for the help.

Archived