Isn't it odd...

baracuda2004

• Members
That's not a "Hippy" concept. From the strongest Viking Warrior to the most humble peasent knew about the Circular Time concept. Look at the Seasons, they don't go in a straight line, the planets, even out sun circles around the Galaxy. Everything goes in a Circle not a straight line.
:rolleyes:

Whatever, Lars Lombard.:idea:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saxons would have fit better seeing as how they were more Northern. I guess I"m just holding onto some of the Phylosophy of my former Heathern religion of Asatru. After being Christian most of my life when I finally brokes the bonds and feed myself from it I went the total opisite direrction into Norse Heathernism i.e. Asatru. Did that for about a year then came more back to center as a Gnostic/Deist. I still hold to time not going in a straight line but cycling around so that events repete. Nothing new under the sun, isn't that what Solomon said in one of his Old Testement books. :D

• Members
Whats his nuts, piano player dude, who built a device to strengthen his pinky fingers, and ended up doing irreperable damage to his hands which prevented him from playing.

I think he drowned himself in a river.

Are you talking about Wolfgang Amadeus Motzart???:confused:

• Moderators
You just missed em'. Remember all the mini-skirts and bell bottoms that the kids were warring just a few years ago. All the "Retro" fads that come and go, that's just a part of Circular Time in action.

That's called "How the Fashion Industry Makes Money." It also indictaes a lack of creativity. When white wigs and knickers come back in style, you might have something. :)

• Members

It's called The "Circle of Time", if you were Pagan you'd understand that life the Cosmos and even time runs in Circles and not in a straight line. Linear time is a modern invention brought on by Western Culture more or less. Pagans and Heathens that pre-date Christianity always talked about the "Circle of Life" the "Circle of the Seasons", ect. They understood that things cycle around and nothing is "new" but is just being re-born back into the "now". Wow, I'm supprised that some of you guys didn't know about this concept.

Google it and you'll get even more links about it.

Uhh, don't get me wrong here, I'm not a "pagan" and I never will be. But I don't know what you're talking about with non-pagans believing time runs in a straight line and all because any educated physicist will tell you that linear space time doesn't exist. Haven't you been paying attention to the theory of relativity? Right now you are moving at the speed of light.

• Members
"Circular time" is also known as the principle of Bidirectional Circularity, aka "what goes around, comes around".
:D

LOL, that's a good one. That last link I posted explained it rather well. Here it is again.
http://www.hedweb.com/bgcharlton/ceremonialtime.html
Basically, people naturally think in Circular Time(seasons, yearly B-Days, ect.) but Technology has a linear approch to time(clocks, days, weeks, months, ect.) Anyway, just think it's interesting and all. That's all.

• Members
That's not a "Hippy" concept. From the strongest Viking Warrior to the most humble peasent knew about the Circular Time concept. Look at the Seasons, they don't go in a straight line, the planets, even out sun circles around the Galaxy. Everything goes in a Circle not a straight line.
:rolleyes:

Actually, nothing goes in a circle either.

The word you're looking for is elliptical.:thu:

• Members

It's called The "Circle of Time", if you were Pagan you'd understand that life the Cosmos and even time runs in Circles and not in a straight line. Linear time is a modern invention brought on by Western Culture more or less. Pagans and Heathens that pre-date Christianity always talked about the "Circle of Life" the "Circle of the Seasons", ect. They understood that things cycle around and nothing is "new" but is just being re-born back into the "now". Wow, I'm supprised that some of you guys didn't know about this concept.

Google it and you'll get even more links about it.

Ya

I knew that

the Book of Ecclesiastes teaches that.

Archived