Isn't it odd...

baracuda2004

• Members

that one of the worlds greatest inventors and PAINTERS, Leonardo DaVinci, suffered a "stroke" that left him unable to paint.:freak:

Just a little food for thought.

Got any other strange coincidences or ironic happenings from the past present... or dare I say Future, that you'd like to lay on us.:confused:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

that one of the worlds greatest inventors and
PAINTERS
, Leonardo DaVinci, suffered a
"stroke"
that left him unable to paint.
:freak:

Just a little food for thought.

Got any other strange coincidences or ironic happenings from the past present... or dare I say Future, that you'd like to lay on us.
:confused:

It wasn't called a "stroke" in DaVinci's language, though.

• Members

Lincoln was assassinated in a theater and John Wilks Booth was found hiding in a barn (storage facility of the day) Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and Lee Harvey Oswald was found hiding in a theater.

Creepy.

There's tons of others

Oswald born in 1939

Booth born in 1839

A Johnson succeeded both Presidents (Andrew and Lyndon B.)....

Mr. Matt

• Members

It's called The "Circle of Time", if you were Pagan you'd understand that life the Cosmos and even time runs in Circles and not in a straight line. Linear time is a modern invention brought on by Western Culture more or less. Pagans and Heathens that pre-date Christianity always talked about the "Circle of Life" the "Circle of the Seasons", ect. They understood that things cycle around and nothing is "new" but is just being re-born back into the "now". Wow, I'm supprised that some of you guys didn't know about this concept.

Linear Time

another good link

Google it and you'll get even more links about it.

• Members

It's called The "Circle of Time", if you were Pagan you'd understand that life the Cosmos and even time runs in Circles and not in a straight line. Linear time is a modern invention brought on by Western Culture more or less. Pagans and Heathens that pre-date Christianity always talked about the "Circle of Life" the "Circle of the Seasons", ect. They understood that things cycle around and nothing is "new" but is just being re-born back into the "now". Wow, I'm supprised that some of you guys didn't know about this concept.

Linear Time

another good link

Go wash your {censored}ing feet, hippy.:mad:

And pull the Crystal of Mystical Power out of your ass.:idea:

• Members

Go wash your {censored}ing feet, hippy.
:mad:

And pull the Crystal of Mystical Power out of your ass.
:idea:

That's not a "Hippy" concept. From the strongest Viking Warrior to the most humble peasent knew about the Circular Time concept. Look at the Seasons, they don't go in a straight line, the planets, even out sun circles around the Galaxy. Everything goes in a Circle not a straight line. :rolleyes:

• Members

That's not a "Hippy" concept. From the strongest Viking Warrior to the most humble peasent knew about the Circular Time concept. Look at the Seasons, they don't go in a straight line, the planets, even out sun circles around the Galaxy. Everything goes in a Circle not a straight line.
:rolleyes:

Cool. I can't wait for the 60's to come back.

• Members

Linear Time

another good link

Uhmmm, that's nice and all but it really doesn't have all that much to do with the thread. Beethoven being deaf and the concept of cyclical time? I see what you're trying to say but man, that's a stretch.

:wave:

• Members

Cool. I can't wait for the 60's to come back.

You just missed em'. Remember all the mini-skirts and bell bottoms that the kids were warring just a few years ago. All the "Retro" fads that come and go, that's just a part of Circular Time in action.

• Members

Uhmmm, that's nice and all but it really doesn't have all that much to do with the thread. Beethoven being deaf and the concept of cyclical time? I see what you're trying to say but man, that's a stretch.

:wave:

So what did all the Kennedy/Lincoln stuff have to do with it then. I was just pointing out how things come around and go around so that it's really not that strange when you look at it from the proper perspective.

• Members

You just missed em'. Remember all the mini-skirts and bell bottoms that the kids were warring just a few years ago. All the "Retro" fads that come and go, that's just a part of Circular Time in action.

No....that's just big business runnin' out of fashion ideas.

MC

• Members

Lincoln was assassinated in a theater and John Wilks Booth was found hiding in a barn (storage facility of the day). Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and Lee Harvey Oswald was found hiding in a theater.

Creepy.

"Ruby died of a pulmonary embolism on January 3, 1967 at Parkland Hospital where, coincidentally, both President Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald had died."

*shrug*

• Members

So what did all the Kennedy/Lincoln stuff have to do with it then. I was just pointing out how things come around and go around so that it's really not that strange when you look at it from the proper perspective.

Think of the implications of circle of life reasoning applied to Kennedy/Lincoln similarities. It's one thing to say it casually, it's a whole other thing to look at from the standpoint of what caused those two incidents to be similar. And, while it's easy to understand a circle of life type view, (especially for an agriculture based society), I don't really think that it applies here.

Archived