Hey Burdizzos cab question for you

Emprov

• Members

I've got a Deltalite 2512 laying around, (not the Deltalite II), and I'm thinking that I'd like to try a sealed cab for it. I'm a Mac guy so the software won't fly on my computer, wondering if you could give me a cab volume. I tried an online thing but I couldn't really get it to go any deeper than about 100hz going up to 3 cu ft, something's gotta be wrong somewhere. I can give you all the specs that you need. Whaddaya think?

• Members

I've got a Deltalite 2512 laying around, (not the Deltalite II), and I'm thinking that I'd like to try a sealed cab for it. I'm a Mac guy so the software won't fly on my computer, wondering if you could give me a cab volume. I tried an online thing but I couldn't really get it to go any deeper than about 100hz going up to 3 cu ft, something's gotta be wrong somewhere. I can give you all the specs that you need. Whaddaya think?

Why sealed?

In 1.5 cubic feet, you'd get a -3 of 85 Hz or so and a -12 around 45.

• Members

Haven't ever had a sealed cab, just out of curiosity. What happens if I take it a a tad bigger, say, 2 cu ft?

Not much difference. As the cab gets bigger, the -3 point increases, but the response flattens out such that the -12 is lower.

Below 1.5 it starts to develop a 100 Hz hump.

• Members

Not much difference. As the cab gets bigger, the -3 point increases, but the response flattens out such that the -12 is lower.

Below 1.5 it starts to develop a 100 Hz hump.

Thanks, you rock! I'm off to the lumber yard to pick up some oak veneer for a set of speakers that I built for my parents. I just may come back with some 1/2 Birch ply or something. :thu:

Archived