So I landed a sweet new job selling high end bass gear...

Crescent Seven

• Members

Working for a high-end guitar and bass shop here in Denver.:thu:

I'm stoked. I'm starting part-time to get a feel for the biz, but coming up they want me to take over the internet, shipping, marketing, advertising, and used gear trade side of the business, full time. It's a salary position, so no commission BS, and I'll get profit sharing on the used gear I buy and sell.

The salary isn't killer, but it's no worse than I was doing entry-level in a cubicle, and it's something that I'm actually excited about and challenged with. Plus I get to meet alot of musicians, and play lots of sweet basses.

The place is called Guitar X, and on the bass side they carry Accugroove, Schroeder, Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang, Phil Jones, Epifani, Aguilar, Stewart and Acoustic Image amps and cabs, and Spector, Dingwall, Lakland, Mike Lull, Sadowsky, nicer Ibanez, Lightwave, and Minarek basses, as well as Clevinger and NS Design EUB's.

Needless to say this is an opportunity that I've been waiting for for years, and it all happened when I answered an ad on Craigslist. It's going to give me a chance to use some of my skills in marketing and promotions, and I'll have a little bit of autonomy with the used gear portion of the business, as they want me to basically build it from the ground up.

So that's the employment announcement I mentioned earlier.:idea:

C7

• Members

if i come out there, i have to leave the discover card at home. it's got about $10,000 available credit on it...

:eek:

"Honey, whose cabs are those, and why are there so many little speakers?"

"Oh um, it's Phil Jones', and the speakers are small so you'd think they're cute."

:D

C7

• Members

"Honey, whose cabs are those, and why are there so many little speakers?"

"Oh um, it's Phil Jones', and the speakers are small so you'd think they're cute."

C7

she'd {censored}in' kill me. we just paid off the balance on the cards. i'd be in soooooo much {censored} if i blasted them right back up.

:cry: :cry:

• Members

Nice. What a cool job. There is a need for reliable internet sales of Lakland basses. Even the guys at Lakland can only strongly recommend two of their dealers. Make it three.

We have a 44-02, a 55-01, a 55-02, a Darryl Jones, a Joe Osborne 5, and one other...

There was a time when I was shopping for a Lakland and the owner of this place had several on order, and no solid lead time from Lakland.:D

C7

• Moderators

We have a 44-02, a 55-01, a 55-02, a Darryl Jones, a Joe Osborne 5, and one other...

There was a time when I was shopping for a Lakland and the owner of this place had several on order, and no solid lead time from Lakland.
C7

There is a reason Lakland is moving all of their production of pickups in house. :)

• Members

Kewl, best of luck with.

Heresqa qaulity pro saleman tip for ya. Since willprob eventually get on that side. Anyway, say you got a newbie. Idea is to let them find the best for them that you got. Irregardless of price. They may end up with one of your more expensive, or not The idea then is tohelp them find the closest to that which they can afford. Even if it means waiting up a month to save up a little bit more. Or walking out with product that day with change for pizza or whatevers left over. Applies for stuff wether home audio. musician gear, etc etc. Gives you very satisfied customer that comes back in future. Often they'll decide on less expensive then their picked benchmark, cause somehow has little more fun factor. But sometimes they'll decide to wait a month and get little more then 1st planned & their glad they did. Both gives satisfied customer. Who doesnt mind paying little more then discount internet store. Cause of service help given.

Familiar yourself with diff internet used gear places and their prices and gear condition guidelines for: excellent/ like new; very good, good, & fair, conditions. Can help you better do used gear sales. Wether online or walk in.

Anyway good luck with new job.

Archived