Best coated stainless strings?

Teleken

• Members

Another one of those PITA gearhead posts... My Warwick shipped with Warwick EMP coated stainless roundwounds, but it seems they're hard to come by, locally or mail-order - perhaps discontinued?

In any case, I'm looking for similar strings, preferably in a medium light set, .040-.100. Any input as to who makes the best?

• Members

Elixer Nanowebs

That's what I use, but I don't know if they're coated Stainless strings. I'd like to try Dean Markley's Randy Jackson sig strings sometime, and I haven't tried the D'Addario EXP strings yet.

I tried DR Extra Life strings on my old Sterling, and I didn't care for them. I wonder how much of that was the bass...

• Members
That's what I use, but I don't know if they're coated Stainless strings. I'd like to try Dean Markley's Randy Jackson sig strings sometime, and I haven't tried the D'Addario EXP strings yet.

I tried DR Extra Life strings on my old Sterling, and I didn't care for them. I wonder how much of that was the bass...

They gotta be Steels or they're the brightest Nickels I've ever heard! Very expensive though. $50+ for a set! I'm used to paying half that for a 5 string set! GC threw in a set free when I bought my Yamaha TRB1005 last summer. I traded the Yamaha away and put the Elixers on my Tobias! 8 months and they're still pretty bright but I am due for a new set.

• Members

They gotta be Steels or they're the brightest Nickels I've ever heard! Very expensive though. $50+ for a set! I'm used to paying half that for a 5 string set! GC threw in a set free when I bought my Yamaha TRB1005 last summer. I traded the Yamaha away and put the Elixers on my Tobias! 8 months and they're still pretty bright but I am due for a new set.

They are pretty bright... I actually pay $42.47 per 5-string set from String This.

On a side note, how did you like that TRB-1005? Why did you trade it away?

• Members

They are pretty bright... I actually pay $42.47 per 5-string set from

On a side note, how did you like that TRB-1005? Why did you trade it away?

B, you may get them cheaper from Music Gear Garage. I'll try to find the link. I get 6 string Elixir's for under $42.00, but the last time I bought them was back in November so they may have gone up in $$ a little....

MC

• Members

B, you may get them cheaper from Music Gear Garage. I'll try to find the link. I get 6 string Elixir's for under $42.00, but the last time I bought them was back in November so they may have gone up in $$ a little....

String This has the best Elixir prices I've found, so I would definitely appreciate the link to even BETTER prices! Rock on, Matt.:thu:

• Members

Matt, is this the link you're referring to? If so, they don't even mention how many strings are in those sets...:confused:

http://www.music123.com/Elixir-Strings-Bass-Guitar-Strings-with-NANOWEB-Coating-i228973.music

Archived