Markbass Classic 300

Flod

• Members

I've never seen this before! Looked att the markbass site, but all I found was a mention in the "news"-section.

Don't know about the looks, but it's certainly interresting!

ps. I searched but didn't find any threads about this.

pps. I found it HERE by the way.

• Members

I've never seen this before! Looked att the markbass site, but all I found was a mention in the "news"-section.

Don't know about the looks, but it's certainly interresting!

ps. I searched but didn't find any threads about this.

pps. I found it
by the way.

3099 euros? Isn't the conversion rate from euros to dollars 2 to 1? $6200? eek!

• Members

True, but PJ always touted himself as a boutique manufacturer. I never thought MB as boutique.

I see what you mean. However, I still always thought of MB as being boutique - kind of a European version of Aguilar stuff for some reason. Not sure why, but that's just the category they've been assigned in my head since I heard of their stuff. :D

• Members

I read about it. ...it self-biases every time you fire it up...

That's like saying 'this goes to eleven.'

It's just a construction technique (cathode bias) usually found in single-ended amps because it is much cheaper to build that way.

It does sound different, and to most ears sounds very good. But it's nothing new and it shouldn't be touted as some exotic technology.

"Markbass Classic 300 Bass Head, All Tube, 300 Watt @ 4 Ohm, 6x KT88 Tubes, 4 Bd. EQ, Microprocessor, RS232 serial connector f

• Members

I see what you mean. However, I still always thought of MB as being boutique - kind of a European version of Aguilar stuff for some reason. Not sure why, but that's just the category they've been assigned in my head since I heard of their stuff.
:D

Jazz Ad once said they were the European GK, and I think he's pretty much right, although, to my ears, MB has a bit 'cleaner' sound. i.e. GK more rock-n-roll.

• Members

Jazz Ad once said they were the European GK, and I think he's pretty much right, although, to my ears, MB has a bit 'cleaner' sound. i.e. GK more rock-n-roll.

I've never tried 'em. I think I may have put them in that category because the first time I'd heard or seen of them was in an ad with Jeff Berlin. And any sane person would ask, "Jeff Berlin wouldn't play on any gear other than boutique stuff, right?" :D

• Members

Boutique tube metronomes. With exotic hardwood cases. Oooh. I think I might have an investment idea. Jeff'd buy one.
:idea:

:D

IIRC, he's pretty opposed to metronomes. He believes that internal timing will naturally develop as you continue to play.

Archived