If old school R&B players....

In Absentia

• Members

Interesting question. I think that today's versions of the old school players are cats like Marcus Miller, Reggie Hamilton, Nathan East, etc... Check out their rigs and there's your answer.

I think Nathan uses Eden, Reggie uses Fender, and Marcus uses a Sadowsky preamp through a truckload of rack gear.

Someone that deserves mention is the bassist from John Legend's band. Using a GK 2001RB

• Members
I think Nathan uses Eden, Reggie uses Fender, and Marcus uses a Sadowsky preamp through a truckload of rack gear.

Someone that deserves mention is the bassist from John Legend's band. Using a GK 2001RB

Wrong.... Marcus uses EBS!

• Members
Well, I've not heard one personally. But I have seen the reviews on this site and others, and they don't seem too pleasant.

Reissues ALWAYS get slammed. It's gotten so I don't even pay attention to most of the opinions. Unless there's a solid technical explanation it's just... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

• Members

Reissues ALWAYS get slammed. It's gotten so I don't even pay attention to most of the opinions. Unless there's a solid technical explanation it's just...
:blah:

Well, like the PM I sent the therhythmman, I put little stock into what most of the reviews say. I've played stuff that most people hate, and hated what most people play. Also, how many of these reviewers are little kids that got nice gear because mommy and daddy can't show them affection? People tend to respond negatively if they say anything at all, because the people who enjoy the gear are probably too busy actually PLAYING it.

Archived