Anyone been to Japan or China?

ec437

• Members
Don't pick up ladyboys in Bangkok. They'll drug you and rob you.
:idea:
C7

See, this is why I love this place - just when you think that there's no place to turn to for help regarding transexual prostitutes in foreign countries, bam, you have an answer!My girlfriend is from China, so who knows, I may be going there someday...

• Members

Been to Hong Kong and Tokyo in 1995. Business trips, but fun all the same. In Tokyo in the Otchobori section (accessible by subway) there is an underground mall that is directly below a main artery roadway. Good luck finding it! In Hong Kong, visit Tsim Sha Tsui, go to Mody Rd. and visit Nita Fashions and have them make you a tailored suit (but don't bother with their shirts). Then go to Yau Ma Tei to visit the Jade Market, practice your haggling skills. A starting price of $50 for a piece of jewelry can be haggled down to $2. Acting is a part of haggling. Act insulted, fein a heart attack, express disbelief at the outrageous price their asking. If they say, "no go lower," don't believe it, you can go lower. Have a blast!

• Members

Went to Japan in 2002. I hit Tokyo, Nagoya, and Kyoto. Lots of fun. Food cost us far less in Japan than in France or Italy. We just kept breakfast simple, bought food for lunch, and had fun at dinner. Nothing like spending about $2 per person for breakfast and feeling good :thu: Mmm, those little noodle places are great.

Not to mention, Akihabara was a blast.

• Members

Only thing I heard of was that in some parts of Asia, it's insulting to tip.

I may be wrong here, but.. someone can probably correct that.

Japan is one of them, at least in most cases. I had the guy at the sushi restaurant pissed at me that I left money. I just acted like it was accidental and thanked him.

Archived