Probably a really ignorant question

Spin Cycle

• Members

What kind of bass is it?

Most active basses will have a much higher output than their passive counterparts, because the circuit is powered to ive more headroom and control over the eq. In passive mode, it's just magnets and wires picking up the signal, there's no boost or electrical "excitement" of the pickups to increase sensitivity.

C7

• Members

Is there a trim pot for your active setting? Some active/passive basses have an internal pot to match the output when switching between modes.

I'm a noob and have no clue what any of your technical terms mean. Please be gentle on my mind.

• Members

I'm a noob and have no clue what any of your technical terms mean. Please be gentle on my mind.

Pop the back cover off and look for a teeny little printed circuit board, or a little box in the cavity. There might be a little round white screwhead that a tiny flathead screwdriver will fit in; that's the trim pot. Turn it to the right a little bit, check the output, turn it some more, check it again, until the passive and active outputs match one another.

C7

• Members

Pop the back cover off and look for a teeny little printed circuit board, or a little box in the cavity. There might be a little round white screwhead that a tiny flathead screwdriver will fit in; that's the trim pot. Turn it to the right a little bit, check the output, turn it some more, check it again, until the passive and active outputs match one another.

C7

Oddly enough, that also answers my question about where a clit is and what to do with it.

Yo.

• Moderators

C7

Exactly.

Send us the model of the bass (brand = Pedulla, model = ?) and we can look it up online and maybe help some more.

• Members

C7

Model MVP 1057, and I don't see anything like what you describe to be a trim pot. If I had a camera I'd take a picture of the wiring and post it, but I really don't think its there.

• Moderators

I have no personal experience with that bass, but the Pedulla site indicates that there is a trim pot in the control cavity for the standard electronics for that model.

http://www.pedulla.com/html/owner_s_manual.html#PICKUPSANDELECTRONICS

I'm not saying it's there, you know better than I do. The site also doesn't show it as active/passive, so maybe there have been some aftermarket mods.

Can you get a picture of the control cavity? I'd be happy to look and see what I can tell you.

Archived