transparent red will be the color... what color for the pickguard?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

im saving up to have a valenti P5 made because i hear that are the shiznit and if i dont like it i can sell it over here or on TB classifieds for minimal loss. it will be a christmas present for me from me:D i know im gonna get the passive p5 with an ash body and maple/maple neck and the color will be transparent red. i cant decide what color pickguard to get.

• Members

Honestly, with Trans Red, I'd go without a pickguard. I'd also add another pickup (a J perhaps?) in the bridge position for more versatility...

But, hey, congrats! I'm sure you'll love the bass!
:thu:

havent placed the order yet im waiting until i have at least 2/3 of the total price. i have about $50 dollars towards it now ill have $50 a pay check until im there. ill be placing the order in time to have the bass as a christmas present though:thu: ill even wrap it up and place it by the tree:D

• Members

im gonna email valenti to see if i can get the pbass routed in a way that i dont need a Pickguard:thu:

I voted black but I agree that nekkid would be the best choice...

here's an example of black on red P...I think it looks really nice also

spj62red1.jpg

• Members

I voted black but I agree that nekkid would be the best choice...

here's an example of black on red P...I think it looks really nice also

spj62red1.jpg

That's what I just got a couple weeks ago!

Yep, gotta go with the black.

:thu:

spj62red5.jpg

• Members

Ok, you're going for a trans red finish, cool. Do NOT cover that up with a freaking slab of plastic!!! Get a great looking ash body, or maybe even have a nice top on it, and show off that wood. Why go through the effort and expense of such a nice bass just to hide 3/4 of the top with plastic? Make your bass something unique and special, don't make it look like any other off the shelf fender. There's fenders for that. Your is a Valenti, make it stand out from the crowd.

• Members

None of the above
:)
If you can find it, a charcoal smoked/tinted translucent plexiglass will show off the finish and still protect it. That would kick ass!!!

Do you guys really think a finish needs protection? WTH are you doing to your basses? Clear plexi pickguards are retarded. If the woods good enough to show through a pickguard, it doesn't need a pickguard!!!

• Members

Ok, you're going for a trans red finish, cool. Do NOT cover that up with a freaking slab of plastic!!! Get a great looking ash body, or maybe even have a nice top on it, and show off that wood. Why go through the effort and expense of such a nice bass just to hide 3/4 of the top with plastic? Make your bass something unique and special, don't make it look like any other off the shelf fender. There's fenders for that. Your is a Valenti, make it stand out from the crowd.

+1

• Members

Do you guys really think a finish needs protection? WTH are you doing to your basses? Clear plexi pickguards are retarded. If the woods good enough to show through a pickguard, it doesn't need a pickguard!!!

Fer p and J style basses, I guess I'm just conditioned to want to see a PG of some sort. Its pavlovian, i tell you!!!

• Members

Fer p and J style basses, I guess I'm just conditioned to want to see a PG of some sort. Its pavlovian, i tell you!!!

Pavlovian responses may be common for guitards or drummers, but we're bass players! We're suupposed to see through any 'conditioning', and see things like pickguards for what they really are. A cheap ass way Fender found so he could hack out a route on one side of a bass and crank as many basses out as possible. That's it. Demand more, especially with a semi-custom piece.

• Members

my current axe/future backup:) is a tribute L2000 so im used to no Pick Guard. this will be my first bass that is $1000+. my first 5er, and my first custom. if i like it then it wont be my last valenti:) i added up the numbers and saw i could get a Musicman Stingray 5 for $1400 or i can spend about $200 more for a valenti so now im putting away money to purchase it before i actually make an order:thu:. i am already excited about it.:)

Archived