SX v. Fender Neck Dimensions

• Members

hey all...does anyone know for sure whether the neck pocket dimiensions for SX and fender are the same? and string alignments?

asked in another post, but didnt get a definitive answer...and i know that folks out there know...too many Sx'ers out there for the answer to be nebulous...and those SX necks are so soft SOMEONE has to have replaced one by now...

much love to the bass community....

• Members

I believe the neck pockets are nearly identical, but the Fender neck pocket is slightly more rounded in the corners so the SX pocket will need to be rounded out a bit for some necks to fit.

The actual sizes of the necks feel exactly the same as Fender, near as my hands can tell. Same radius, or very close.

• Members

gracias......they do seem pretty similar to the hands...a little routing is no problem if thats all there is...another poster thought there might be a problem with string alingment, and id rather not move the bridge...

anyone know?

• Members

On mine, the pocket was about 1/8" wider than a Warmoth neck. I had to shim it to get it tight.

The string alignment is all about how well you align the neck.

btw, the people in your avatar seem strangely familiar...

• Members

rowka...they are indeed...some of the finest relatively unsung players out there...HCBF's own Bob Nyswonger, and the remaining Bears; Belew, Fetters and Arduser

loved em since the mid-80's, the longest and most frustrating fandom on the planet...

Archived