Paging Jazz Ad

hasbeen

• Members

took the bullet train from Germany to Paris.....as you and I had PM'd about.

Anyway....I forget the name of the street in Paris but it was a "music row"....all music stores. I visited three nice bass shops:

Planet Bass

California Bass

Bass Centre

They really had nice selections at all stores. Man, you have a really nice bass community in France (which I've known since 1984 when I started living all of Bunny's albums....tis why fretless is my main thing to this day).

So...yes, nice bass community: heard some wonderful young bassists while I was in the shops. When we were introduced it seemed they all wanted to play and chat; I don't think they see many U.S. product managers so they were eager.

• Members

[rethinks wifes want of visiting France...] :idea:

took the bullet train from Germany to Paris.....as you and I had PM'd about.

Anyway....I forget the name of the street in Paris but it was a "music row"....all music stores. I visited three nice bass shops:

Planet Bass

California Bass

Bass Centre

They really had nice selections at all stores. Man, you have a really nice bass community in France (which I've known since 1984 when I started living all of Bunny's albums....tis why fretless is my main thing to this day).

So...yes, nice bass community: heard some wonderful young bassists while I was in the shops. When we were introduced it seemed they all wanted to play and chat; I don't think they see many U.S. product managers so they were eager.

• Members

JazzAd tried to take me to this street when I was in Paris last year. He could not find it so we ate snails instead.

it is very, very tucked away on the North side of Paris. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for our local sales rep. that handles Paris.

I had an offer to eat snails........I passed.

• Members

it is very, very tucked away on the North side of Paris. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't for our local sales rep. that handles Paris.

the snails are merely a vehicle for delivery of butter and garlic.

• Members

hey.....I made your sig!!!!! I've said a lot of stupid sh*t in my life......I'm glad I'm quoted for saying something that I'd say again for a change.

:D

I could put "Julia...DUCK!!!!" in my sig. I'm sure you'll need to say that again when we next play golf :D

• Members

hey Mike.......you still digging that Lull?

indeed, i am. i told Mike Lull himself how much i was in love with my bass.

i ordered a drop-D for it, and Mike answered the phone. very cool.

i was playing along at rehearsal the other night and two things struck me. how easy the bass played (it being red, it does play very fast0, and how damn good it sounds, both in passive and active modes. it gets tested under battle conditions next Satiddy.

i'm one very happy bassist.

• Members

Uh, it's actually downtown Pigalle, in one of the most crowded touristic areas, 200 meters from Moulin Rouge.

Pretty easy to find actually, if you knw where to look. Paris is a big city.

• Members

indeed, i am. i told Mike Lull himself how much i was in love with my bass.

i ordered a drop-D for it, and Mike answered the phone. very cool.

i was playing along at rehearsal the other night and two things struck me. how easy the bass played (it being red, it does play very fast0, and how damn good it sounds, both in passive and active modes. it gets tested under battle conditions next Satiddy.

i'm one very happy bassist.

cool!! I'm glad you're digging it. Red- yes, be careful.....you can get speeding tickets easier with a red bass.

• Members

Uh, it's actually downtown Pigalle, in one of the most crowded touristic areas, 200 meters from Moulin Rouge.

Pretty easy to find actually, if you knw where to look. Paris is a big city.

yes......my hotel was two blocks up from the Moulin Rouge.

• Members

A Cow can move along at LEAST 7 to 8 MPH.

I worked dairy farms in my youth.... watching a group of running & playing cows is a surreal experience. Surprisingly graceful creatures for being just slightly brighter than a clump of dirt.

Archived