We're Opening for Symphony X!!!

guitargod0dmw

• Members

I just found out that we're going to opening for Symphony X @ The Webster in Hartford, CT on July 12th!!! SWEET!!! I'm damn excited now!!!

And if anyone is interested in seeing us open for Spocks Beard April 26th @ The Webster as well, let me know...I have discounted tickets. We need to sell 15 of em'...so if you're in the area stop by!

And JIC you haven't heard the awesomeness...

http://www.myspace.com/severancemusicct

• Members

Excellent Prog Metal band. Very good players, very good music...everything I like...and apparently I'm not alone, they have a pretty good underground following.

Forgive me, I'm a bit naive when it comes to this metal "thing." :o

Do they have that guttural vocal thing goin' on? Coz, I don't like that guttural vocal thing too much. It sounds like they're really angry ...about somethin' ... n' stuff.

Sorry.

• Members

Forgive me, I'm a bit naive when it comes to this metal "thing."
:o

Do they have that guttural vocal thing goin' on? Coz, I don't like that guttural vocal thing too much. It sounds like they're really angry ...about somethin' ... n' stuff.

Sorry.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=325

Info on the band, in addition to some mp3 clips.

• Members

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=325

Info on the band, in addition to some mp3 clips.

OK, :thu:

Yeah, those guys can play alright. I listened to a couple clips.

Nothing what I expected.

Suppose the "metal" connotation threw me off a bit. Makes me think of those angry young screamers of incoherency and rage. :cry:

I see now, Symphony X is nothing like that. :cool:

Thanks!

• Members

OK,
:thu:

Yeah, those guys can play alright. I listened to a couple clips.

Nothing what I expected.

Suppose the "metal" connotation threw me off a bit. Makes me think of those angry young screamers of incoherency and rage.
:cry:

I see now, Symphony X is nothing like that.
:cool:

Thanks!

Yeah...and they don't have that gutteral screaming thing going on.

I'll know more about the show when we do the Spocks Beard gig. Can't wait...I'm getting excited now!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok...so we are definitely playing the Symphony X show now!!! Here's the details:

Symphony X @ The Webster Theater in Hartford, CT July 12, 2007.

Tickets: $17 through me

We need as much support as possible, so anybody that wants to come just let me know. There are two stages at The Webster, and the top 3 ticket sellers get the main stage. We want it bad!!! It will be a killer show, nobody will be dissapointed if they come out.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FORUMITES!!!

• Members

The clubs up there make you compete in terms of personal ticket sales to determine who with/when you play? Wow, that ghastly...

This club...not all. It sucks. If you don;t sell enoguh tickets, you don;t get asked back...so if you want to play again, you basically have to buy out your own tickets. We were standing out front scalping the ones we bought last night for our own damn show!!! But we didn;t know about the show too much in advance to really sell...this one we'll have no excuses if we don't!

• Members

Yeah...EOE will be there. Come check us all out!!! And not living in CT in not an excuse...I expect people to fly across the country or drive 10 hours to see us
:)

Is living in Denmark an excuse? I probably won't make it. Congrats though.

Archived