Hughes & Kettner "Bass Base" amps

catphish

• Moderators

I would venture to guess they sound pretty good, but then again there a step up from both my H&K Basskicks. Semi-Parametric Eq. Should be very versatile. Mine are. I kept getting outbid on the bay, and some other puke pulled their auction before I decided to bid, so I gave up on getting a BassBase 400 or 600. The BassBase 600 is actually a 2 channel amp. Don't know what kind of service you'd get if you had a problem, but it looks like Pearl took over H&K distribution not too long ago.

• Members

I would venture to guess they sound pretty good, but then again there a step up from both my H&K Basskicks. Semi-Parametric Eq. Should be very versatile. Mine are. I kept getting outbid on the bay, and some other puke pulled their auction before I decided to bid, so I gave up on getting a BassBase 400 or 600. The BassBase 600 is actually a 2 channel amp. Don't know what kind of service you'd get if you had a problem, but it looks like Pearl took over H&K distribution not too long ago.

I actually got it for cheap (I think) today on ebay. Figured I'm down to one amp that's apperantly got a bug, and it seemed really cheap and in good condition so I took a chance.

• Moderators
I actually got it for cheap (I think) today on ebay. Figured I'm down to one amp that's apperantly got a bug, and it seemed really cheap and in good condition so I took a chance.

Yes. Retail new verses used they really take a nose dive in value. Was it the 400 or 600? Either way, I think that you'll find a tone in it you like.

• Members

A lot of headroom and power, efficient settings but a very cold and harsh tone.

If it's what you like you will be fine. If you're more of an Ampeg/Bassfan guy, pass your way.

As long as my bass sounds like my bass, I'm good to go. I don't think the 400watts will be enough to be a main amp.

Archived