Need a practice amp!

Iloverush

• Members

I just put a request in the "gear wanted" forum for a practice amp. Something like a SWR LA10 looks interesting (reviews say good tone). If you have any suggestions of what I should look at, go ahead ! And if you have one you want to sale me, go ahead too! I'm on a budget and need a good deal. Headphones and CD inputs would be very helpful.

I checked adds locally (Montreal,Quebec)and only found big 150-200W combos. I don't want a big 60 lbs combo for my office.

Thanks

• Members

For small office, and for small apartments, I'd reccomend useing the processor of your choice to drive either a pair of KRK Rockit 5's or 6's. Better air movement amount for small places, so that you arent disturbing others more then a nice small stereo system with 5 or 6 inch speakers would. But the pair of 5's will run you $300 range if you can afford. Otherwise the Ashdown Perfect ten is good choice. But keep in mind that as a bass combo with high effiency instrument speakers its not going to want to do well at lower volumes like would be more easilly done with regular home stereos and the powered studio monitor route suggested. Not will it give as hifi a grade of sound.

• Members

I've got an Ibanez SW35. 35 watts into a 10 inch speaker. It makes sound, and that's about it. It won't really handle the low B very well. Kind of sterile, not very loud, but seems really well built. It has tumbled from one end of my truck bed to the other when I had to slam on the brakes, and it continues to work. It has a CD in and headphone out.

I got it for $125 US, since it was a floor model. They go for $159.99 at musicians friend.

• Members

I just put a request in the "gear wanted" forum for a practice amp. Something like a SWR LA10 looks interesting (reviews say good tone). If you have any suggestions of what I should look at, go ahead ! And if you have one you want to sale me, go ahead too! I'm on a budget and need a good deal. Headphones and CD inputs would be very helpful.

I checked adds locally (Montreal,Quebec)and only found big 150-200W combos. I don't want a big 60 lbs combo for my office.

Thanks

Uh, hi. :) how about *my* S.D.O.T.D. or stupid deal of the day: (1) Ibanez 10 watt practice amp (Ibanez IBZ10B Bass Combo Amplifier) AND (1) Behringer Bass V-Amp. $75 U.S. You pay for the shipping. It has the cd and headphone inputs and with the Behringer, you'll get a bit more "kick" out of it. Everything works just fine. Though you will need a guitar cable and that's it. I've had both for less than 2 years, no dents, dings or scratches. Still have the box and the manual for the Behringer. Interested? Send me an email @ wanderlusterer@aol.com or better yet so I know it's you, send me a private message on here. Why so cheap? I'm spending money on refurbishing a 1970's amp and haven't really had the desire to use anything else and i'm saving up cash for a 4x10.

• Members

Uh, hi.
:)
how about *my* S.D.O.T.D. or stupid deal of the day: (1) Ibanez 10 watt practice amp (Ibanez IBZ10B Bass Combo Amplifier) AND (1) Behringer Bass V-Amp. $75 U.S. You pay for the shipping. It has the cd and headphone inputs and with the Behringer, you'll get a bit more "kick" out of it. Everything works just fine. Though you will need a guitar cable and that's it. I've had both for less than 2 years, no dents, dings or scratches. Still have the box and the manual for the Behringer. Interested? Send me an email @
wanderlusterer@aol.com
or better yet so I know it's you, send me a private message on here. Why so cheap? I'm spending money on refurbishing a 1970's amp and haven't really had the desire to use anything else and i'm saving up cash for a 4x10.

But I want at least something louder than my computer speakers.;)

• Members

I got a Crate BT25 like a month ago. Couldn't be happier with it, and it's more than I expected for $120. Just the right size for where I live, and at least to me, sounds fine with my P-bass. Has headphones out, CD in and a built-in tuner. The only thing that piusses me off, and makes this thing feel cheap to me is the distortion and octave {censored} they just had to add on to get the young guys hard on it. I'll never use it and it sounds like crap. Still, for the money the amp has been great so far.

• Members

Thanks

Check out Yorkville, they're a Canadian company so they might be cheaper for you. My XM50 weighs under 30lbs, has CD inputs, a headphone jack and a balanced line out. Paid $225 US for it new, year before last. I've seen them for $150 used.

• Members

I'm a night worker, and this morning was ending an Ebay auction for a SWR LA10.

I bid 76$ and a couple hours later when I was sleeping I got outbid and the auction ended at 83$:mad::mad: Had it ended at 125$ I would not be angry.

Now looking for another deal. There is Peavey and Yorkville all over the place but I don't want a 200W amp:confused:

Archived