Police auctions....

acmaddox0825

• Members

i have a cousin who just got his license and he is a picky booger. he has about 2k to spend on his 1st car. and there isnt much perty out there for that price ( he wants something that the girls wont run away from). so i was contemplating taking him to a car auction. but i have no idea if thats a good idea. anybody ever been to one. and could he do good there, or should i take him somewhere else?

• Members

Auctions can be a real hit or miss. You never know what you are getting. At least buying from an individual you can test drive it.

That said, I have bought two cars at autions. One off Ebay (great deal on a great cargo van). The other at a local car aution, Took it up the ass on what looked like a great Grand Am GT.

• Members

ive been to a couple of poilce auctions for cars and what not. A bunch of old crown vics- that will get the girls. For 2,000 you can prob grab one, but the trick is to get there early before it starts and theyll let you start it up and look inside the hood, you know the important stuff.

• Members

i know several people that go to these auctions. they go to them go to buy cheap cars, fix 'em up, and turn 'em for a profit. one of them does it full time.

the auctions are great if you can be patient and if you are handy with cars. otherwise you might want to look elsewhere.

• Members

Hit up craigslist. For 2k, I'd say get an 86-89 e30, BMW like a 320 or 325.

Girls don't run from bimmers.

I love e30s, and am a hard core BMWophile. However, in interest of the kid, his money, and keeping these cars around as long as possible, I would recommend that he steer away from these cars if he doesn't feel like making sure it is maintained properly. He would also need to realize that these cars can be expensive to maintain.

That said, you will have a hard time finding a good e30 in the Portland area for $2000.

• Members

Small consolation if you're not gettin' any.
:D

Trust me, if you aren't getting any, and you get a cool car, you still won't be getting any.

I may or may not know this from experience.

• Members

Trust me, if you aren't getting any, and you get a cool car, you still won't be getting any.

I may or may not know this from experience.

Yeah, I managed to do alright when I was younger despite driving not so cool cars. I preferred to have a cycle and apartment rather than give all my money to the finance and insurance companies.

Didn't get a cool car - VW GTI until after I was married.:cry:

Still, there are shallow wimmen out there that will not go out with you unless you have the right car. :mad:

Archived